Skip to main content
Topic: 1986 T-bird restoration in progress.... Second restoration!!!!"Picture update" (Read 25984 times) previous topic - next topic

1986 T-bird restoration in progress.... Second restoration!!!!"Picture update"

Reply #135
that came out AWESOME!! i'm saving one of the pics as my wallpaper, it will be motivation for me to get mine done.
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #136
Awsome congrats on getting her on the road! Looks great! I love the color, wheels, and stance good choices!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #137
I suppose it's O.K........I've never really been a big fan of Thunderbirds.

Just Kidding (you knew that).LOL.Beautiful car !!! I'm really proud for you.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #138
Great job!!!!!!!!! I really like the looks of that Bird.

now its time to :burnout:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #139
That red paint job is awesome! Great car!

Reply #140
I bet life is awesome for you right now.  There is nothing better than busting your a$$ on something and then finally getting it on the road and enjoying it!  I really like the car, you have done a great job and should be proud.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #141
looks sweeet.....very nice car.  You guys are lighting the fire under my ass to get moving on my 83 Heritage.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #142
Wait a second - I didn't see this thread but you managed to paint all the panels one by one! Can you get a closeup shot of the fender to door or door to quarter panels? I'm REALLY curious how close the orange peel is. This looks great - perhaps I have a possibility of having a great paint job by doing panel by panel since I need to repaint the vehicle again due to bad chemicals the first spray.

Need more pictures! Beautiful!

Edit:
Plus, I'm jealous. I need to at the very least redo my frontend as it's the worst and one fender got smashed in by a relative.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #143
SWEET keychain..........(roller)
Car looks awesome!!!! Feels nice getting all that attention!!!?
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #144
Quote from: Seek;285328
Wait a second - I didn't see this thread but you managed to paint all the panels one by one! Can you get a closeup shot of the fender to door or door to quarter panels? I'm REALLY curious how close the orange peel is. This looks great - perhaps I have a possibility of having a great paint job by doing panel by panel since I need to repaint the vehicle again due to bad chemicals the first spray.

Need more pictures! Beautiful!

Edit:
Plus, I'm jealous. I need to at the very least redo my frontend as it's the worst and one fender got smashed in by a relative.

Sorry, NO orange peel wet sanding took care of that. The only thing with painting pannels seperate is getting correct coverage on the pannels but if you get that then you have no problems.
thanks guys it feels great to be done hopefully this weekend I get to take it out on its first ride.
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #145
O.K. I need some more help looking to get a custom license plate so far my few are not avaliable
THUNDER
86 TBIRD
GET SOME
SLO POKE
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #146
86thundr
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #147
i say SLO POKE. it's a bird, everyone is going to think it's slow and has an exhaust leak. just ask the couple of mustang,camaro, and vette owners i beat up on with my 460 bird, it even had a 4" cowl and still nobody thought anything of it.
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #148
Quote from: 347Thunder;285421
Sorry, NO orange peel wet sanding took care of that. The only thing with painting pannels seperate is getting correct coverage on the pannels but if you get that then you have no problems.
thanks guys it feels great to be done hopefully this weekend I get to take it out on its first ride.

True but that also takes thicker paint to go on beforehand also. Thick paint is bad...but if panel by panel works fine, it doesn't matter as much as it's easy to fix when problems creep up (like huge rock chips). I'll likely give this a try although black IS a nightmare to work with.

I assume just the clear was sanded? I've never had any luck sanding both the base and clear coats - the base coat doesn't look right.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #149
Quote from: fordguy;283519
yeah it's kinda nice. i have gainsville,bradenton,and orlando (1/4's), and lakeland and st.pete(1/8's)  all within 1 1/2-2 hrs of me.

where do you live? I live in New Tampa.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.