Skip to main content
Topic: Ground your kid, go to court...and lose? (Read 2794 times) previous topic - next topic

Ground your kid, go to court...and lose?

Reply #15
Some kids needs to have a belt taken to them. Plain and simple. So do some parents. But if I was that dad, I'd divorce the daughter and the mother and leave them both with nothing. Force them to do a tag team of working the corners.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #16
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;224147

Absolutely... There's far more to parenting, than just handing the kid a video game or let him/her set in front of the TV or computer...

Tell me about it. I'm in almost the identical situation as that dad - 2 daughters 11 & 13 & divorced. I very early on explained to my ex the importance of discipline and how kids very much need & want rigid structure in their lives - it makes them feel safe. I'm glad I knew she would make a good mother for my kids - even if I find her extremely annoying at this point :hick: . My kids weep when I raise my voice because they know I'm not ****ing with them at that point. :beatyoass: The worst I've ever had to do is give them a firm squeeze with my hand so they can feel the adrenaline - they know that I don't ask the same thing twice so they don't push it.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #17
I agree I have a 3 year old son who likes to try and push the boundaries, but he knows when I say enough is enough I mean it.

Reply #18
Raven, I didn't catch the whole story, but they said that it was a law they were trying to pass now.

I personally have used spankings as discipline for my kids...and they are pretty much ok...no crazier than the rest of the family, but thats heredity! lol

Of course, if spankings are outlawed in Canada, Victor (yellowcoogr) won't ever want to go there to visit because it will take away all of his fun!:hick: :shakeass:
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #19
Hmm.. It's GOING to to be outlawed? , I thought it already was because kids pretty much can call the cops here if a parent spanks them. I know one family, where the mother spent a night in jail because she spanked her kid who then called the cops.

Reply #20
Quote from: baxo;224158
Hmm.. It's GOING to to be outlawed? , I thought it already was because kids pretty much can call the cops here if a parent spanks them. I know one family, where the mother spent a night in jail because she spanked her kid who then called the cops.

Figures, some dumbass from ontario....

:hick:

Reply #21
Apparently the parents aren't doing it right if the kids still aren't scared enough to still call the cops.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #22
time to move to mexico for a better life! :hick:
It's always fun until someone loses an eye. then it's fun ya can't see.

-James Hetfield back when metallica was still making good music.

Reply #23
And my social security depends on this?
1987 TC

Reply #24
Quote from: HAVI;224252
And my social security depends on this?

It's cute how you think you'll get social security when you get older. ;)
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #25
hell by the time i get to retire there will be nothing left so ill have to die at work. lol
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #26
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;224272
It's cute how you think you'll get social security when you get older. ;)

Even more cute is the fact that they think Canadians are part of our SS system :hick:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #27
Yes, we've got our Pensions. :P I tell all of my friends to have as many kids as they can. More kids means more pension for me. :hick:

Reply #28
lol, I don't expect any.
1987 TC