Skip to main content
Topic: how far 4 your car? (Read 1313 times) previous topic - next topic

how far 4 your car?

i just took my family to the cleveland zoo, took 3 hours to get there,$60 to get in- $80 in gas, just to spend $15 bucks on a cougar to put in the back seat of the car, and yes i did go to our zoo first( last week) they didnt have one.:hick:

how far 4 your car?

Reply #1
Quote from: 95blackxr7;223477
$80 in gas,

Sounds like you're not getting very good mileage... I know gas is sky high, but last month I filled up in Winchester VA and drove to Alliance OH... Next day went to the "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" in Cleveland, then back to Alliance to fill up, 408mi total... Got a hair over 26mpg, cost to fill up was $60.00 @ 3.679...

how far 4 your car?

Reply #2
Gary, you are a nut! lol

BTW, we just got the Coug fixed, inspection tomorrow then good to go....finally!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

how far 4 your car?

Reply #3
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;223482
Sounds like you're not getting very good mileage... I know gas is sky high, but last month I filled up in Winchester VA and drove to Alliance OH... Next day went to the "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" in Cleveland, then back to Alliance to fill up, 408mi total... Got a hair over 26mpg, cost to fill up was $60.00 @ 3.679...

good god!  i wish gas was that cheap here.  on average, i pay about $4.15 per gallon.  granted that's premium, but still.  i got around to checking the mileage that my car gets a few weeks ago, and was very pleased to see that i get 31mpg.  not too shabby for a 21 year old 3600lb boat with 120,000 miles on it.:bowdown:
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

how far 4 your car?

Reply #4
It's approaching $5.45/gal here...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

how far 4 your car?

Reply #5
Quote from: turboranger91;223504
good god!  i wish gas was that cheap here.  on average, i pay about $4.15 per gallon.  granted that's premium, but still

Reread my post...

Quote from: TurboCoupe50;223482
Sounds like you're not getting very good mileage... I know gas is sky high, but [COLOR="Red"]last month[/COLOR] I filled up in Winchester VA and drove to Alliance OH... Next day went to the "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" in Cleveland, then back to Alliance to fill up, 408mi total... Got a hair over 26mpg, cost to fill up was $60.00 @ 3.679...

how far 4 your car?

Reply #6
It kills me. Missouri is suppose to have the lowest prices in the country but if thats true then... ! We are not a country (nor is Canada, never been there so not sure) that can run off mass transit. Its too late to try and establish a rail system that wont cost an arm and a leg. We run on oil and thats how it is. When people compare us to Europe and their prices i want to slap them. You can get on a train in Europe and go ANYWHERE! and get there ON TIME! We are not set up for anything like that. country is too bug so when Washington finally pulls their heads out of their asses and finishs cleaning all the bullshiznit out of their ears they might work on this. But until then the middle class will just keep taking the beating and disappearing.

My gas gauge is broke so i go 40- 45 miles on $10 which was almost 3 gallons now its around 2.5
1986 Cougar LS

how far 4 your car?

Reply #7
i also run 93-at 4.25a gal--however with 2 teen girls and the wife-we made a lot of stops,most of that was shoping,so me, the car, and the $$$ took a BEATING!

how far 4 your car?

Reply #8
Next time you all take a road trip to the zoo, call us, maybe we'll go with.

how far 4 your car?

Reply #9
Quote from: 95blackxr7;223530
i also run 93-at 4.25a gal
Unless you've have mods, it should operate just fine on 87... Paying for un-needed octane generally hurts gas mileage...

how far 4 your car?

Reply #10
its been tuned,,k&n air( just the filter) and still working on the exhaust- i just cant get a good sound out of it! help here would be great but anyways-- it gets good mileage, i should have said we spent 3 days in ohio, and sill got home with 3/4 of a tank left in it.

how far 4 your car?

Reply #11
Still working on the exhaust?/

LMAO... did you try 2 coffee cans? :rollin:

how far 4 your car?

Reply #12
yeah, high octane is almost never needed unless you're playing with your air/fuel and spark tables or you're running boost.  Even my bike runs just as well on 87.  And recent tests in a bike magazine show that hyabusas run just 1.5 hp less on 87 than 91.  If you dont have a knock, just save the money.

how far 4 your car?

Reply #13
thanks,got anything on how to get this car to sound good? why does a stag 4.6 sound way better than my 4.6????? is it all in the ex. manifolds?