Skip to main content
Topic: final racing!! (Read 1501 times) previous topic - next topic

final racing!!

tomorrow is the first time that i'll be going to the strip in the tbird! im kinda nervous the rear end will break though! its just the stock 7.5.
im putting in the 8.8 with 3.73 gears next week so i can find out how big of difference it will be between times.
wish me luck!!
i have a HO upper with HO TB
1 inch intake manifold spacer
headers, full exhaust
and a CAI
 cobra R 17x9 (chrome)
245/40/17 in the front and 275's in the rear.
running 5 gallons of gas with 93 octane
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

final racing!!

Reply #1
Good luck.  Rear should be fine.
1988 Turbo Coupe

Coming soon to NMRA Drag Radial... :burnout:

final racing!!

Reply #2
Quote from: silvercv2002;223052
Good luck.  Rear should be fine.

X2... Few people remember the 5.0 Stangs used the 7.5 till '86...

final racing!!

Reply #3
Even if the rear does break, you've got another one ready to go in. Drive it like you stole it and good luck!!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

final racing!!

Reply #4
Had more than that when i had my 7.5 and it was fine at the track.

final racing!!

Reply #5
ok, thanks for the support! im racing at 5ish! im pumped!! im going to line up against my friends 1997 grand am V6, all he has is an intake
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

final racing!!

Reply #6
Quote from: quicksilver;223090
all he has is an intake

No motor????:rollin:

final racing!!

Reply #7
They ditched the motor cuz teh intake iz mad powuful!!

LOLZ! ROWR!:hick: 

Sorry.  Had to be done;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

final racing!!

Reply #8
:rollin: 93 in a SO motor
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

final racing!!

Reply #9
so my best of the night was a 16.2 and 84.5mph. my best reaction time was a .135. and my friends best time was a 16.7. i i beat him.
i beat an STI! but only because he couldnt drive it. i'll post a pic of the time slip when my friend gets home, the slips are in his car.

final racing!!

Reply #10
.0omg, there was a GT500 and a ford racing supercharger on it. and some yellow ZO6 vette told the GT500 owner that his car could kill any mustang. haha the ZO6 ended up running a 12.07 and the GT500 ran a 11.1

final racing!!

Reply #11
there was a GT500 and a ford racing supercharger on it

You mean it had the upgrade supercharger they use for the Super Snake?

11.1....What tires was he runnin?
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

final racing!!

Reply #12
yep, and it says ford racing on top of it.
he was using nitto 555 drap radials that where atleast 12inches wide. i have 11 inch wide tires on my car and they made mine look small

final racing!!

Reply #13
not bad run, my Cougar only runs 16.1's for now.  once I get back from CJ it is getting the HO swap and T5 finally.

final racing!!

Reply #14
My 10.5" rims are on the way for the 'Stang:evilgrin: