Skip to main content
Topic: It's Here! (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

It's Here!

Took FOREVER to get here!
It did say 2-3 weeks for delivery in the auction small print, But i didn't think he was serious... lol.

83-86 T-Bird One Piece Fiberglass Duck Tail Style Spoiler:

Never seen this style before, I asked the seller if he knew anything about it (And after very vague and brief messages from the seller) I obtained possible snippets of it's history.
Seller owns/ned an 83' T-Bird that he loved, He bought all kinds of stuff for it, and (I Think) he crafted this spoiler for it.
Within the last few years, An ex-Wife got hold of the car and trashed/crashed it... :mad:
He got access to it recently at an impound yard? and was able to salvage anything he could from it or something.

Not completely sure... Ill try and get some more history on it, But as i said... He doesnt give very complete messages.

But i love it!

I have a feeling it's an original 80's 3-piece kit that had the side pieces carved down and molded into the trunk lid piece, also has the addition of 2 mounting studs.

Has a small chip in the middle (Right above where the keyhole would be) In the ebay pictures the key lock was tore out... heh.

Shipping weight was 8 pounds, Seems really well made/crafted, Need to match up the curved edges a bit more, ones slightly more pointed.

Now if the weather ever gets better again, i gotta get this baby prepped and installed!

BTW,
Ignore the ugly couch...
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

It's Here!

Reply #1
BTW,
Ignore the ugly couch...

zOMG, you aren't kidding...I almost blew Pepsi when I saw that pattern! :barf:

Nice score on the spoiler. We need to see photos of it on the car ASAP though. ;)