Skip to main content
Topic: Lincoln MARK WTF is up with that! (Read 2284 times) previous topic - next topic

Lincoln MARK WTF is up with that!

http://www.lincoln.com/marklt/photogallery_exterior.asp

Do I need to explain? What is this place coming too! That blew my mind I saw one at work today!
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
AutoClub does not allow direct image linking.

Got another link or a search value?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Fixed it
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
Quote from: ipsd;221882
Do I need to explain?

YES!

Sorry... I'm slow.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
They been around for a while.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
I dont get it. The LT has been out for several years.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #6
If you think thats bad you should see the lincoln Blackwood truck the back tail gate is all WOOD not sure if the guy moved or still has the truck have not seen it in a few months the LTs are nice but the one i saw is super rare i will have to check around and try to find a pic online somewhere of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #7
and they had the blackwood before that. just a very expensive f-150 that you cant really haul or tow with(but probably wouldnt want to anyways)
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #8
"That", is why FoMoCo is in danger of extinction. Rather than making vehicles somebody might actually want, they come up with "that". When Ford dies, a picture of "that" should be engraved on its headstone.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
In 50 years, it will be the '57 Chevy of this century.  Like how the 57 was outsold by the Ford Crown Vic, this rare POS will be desirable because of it's scarcity, coveted by morons etc.  Instead of investing in the future, Ford builds Compensators for the poorly endowed.  They should come standard with a puppies prescription and a rug. 

Will Ford die?  Probably not.  In a couple of years, when they're really desperate, the powers that be will put some real car enthusiasts in charge.  again.  The company will become profitable.  again.  Then the bean counters will start whining about how they aren't making enough money because car guys are running the show.  again.  Then Fords will start getting fat, slow, stupid, and ugly.  again. 

wash, rinse, repeat.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
You know guys it's all a matter of personal taste and preference.  There are PLENTY of people who say things like, "WTF is that an old 80's Cougar/Thunderbird!?!?!??!!"  Plenty of people see the 80's Cougars and T-Birds as ugly and mechanically .  I don't, but many people are saying exactly what you're saying about the Mark LT except about your car.  See what I'm trying to say?

Reply #11
Saw one today...

So whats the big deal guys??? It's just a dolled up F-250, in actuality Ford likely spent very little on the rehash(most of the styling was no doubt courtesy Navigator)... If they can cut a little sliver of sales, why not???

Yeah and then I'm very happy with my '07 Grand Marquis... Like being in your easy chair at 70mph... AND with the rack and pinion it actually handles very good...

Reply #12
Ford won't die i am just sick of most mustangs and  F-150s people will buy anything after my old car got hit i had to drive a Kia for 3 days and after that i got a Dodge Avanger which i almost would of tought about buying after driving such a py all around Kia.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #13
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;221910
"That", is why FoMoCo is in danger of extinction. Rather than making vehicles somebody might actually want, they come up with "that". When Ford dies, a picture of "that" should be engraved on its headstone.

This is what I'm talking about calling that thing a MARK is like calling the Grand Wizard"yep you know da one" the N-word! Is just shouldn't be. The mark is there top dog 2-door coupe "HOT    ROD    LINCOLN!" Not some dressed up pick-up. Henry is rolling over right now! Why I ask WHY? To me it is just WRONG WRONG WRONG! I guess that is why I don't run the place. I'd be making fun cars on the cheap!
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #14
Its made for those who won't own a ford but the name lincoln makes it seem like something else even if you take the dash apart and all the computers say ford.

Same thing almost with Lexus for those who won't own a Toyota but want something with class. Someone in my family has a Lexus IS350 and they got mad when i told them nice toyota but i mean really thats what it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]