Skip to main content
Topic: FREE Doughnut, full size spare, and 4 rims (Read 1120 times) previous topic - next topic

FREE Doughnut, full size spare, and 4 rims

[COLOR="Red"]ALL GONE[/COLOR]

Hello all.  I have a doughnut spare tire from an 85 thunderbird that has never touched pavement.  There are still the bie things all over the tire.  The tire is in great shape and is still inflated, and has never been flat.  The black rim has some surface rust but I think can be cleaned up.  I went to a 5-bolt rear end and do not need this.  It came original with my car.  I know some of you like to stay original.  It would be Free for whomever wants it.  I live in Lincoln, NE, and not sure if shipping would be cost effective or not.

I also have a full size spare that came off an 84 tbird rim that has the center cap.  The center cap is scratched. Good tread on the tire.... but the tire is of course, old.

If not claimed, giving to salvage lot.

I also have a set of rims that somebody can have if they want.  Pleae refer to the rear tires in the attached pic.  That's the rims.  They are in used shape.  I'm sure they will fit another ford model as well.

FREE for the taking.

Let me know if interested.  All FREE unless it needs to be shipped.  I would like this stuff gone within 4-6 months for sure.  So I am flexable as far as pickup goes.  I would really like having them gone within a month or so.  The 4-6 month time frame is ONLY if you are making a trip in the area and need for me to hold them for you.  Simply put, if I have no commitments within a little over a month.... they're going.

[COLOR="Red"]EDIT:  All GONE    .[/COLOR]
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

Reply #1
Any idea on cost of shipping on the 4 aluminum wheels? SE Ohio 43935.

Reply #2
What size are the tires/rims?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
Not a clue.  I'm not even sure how to find that out.  I guess I would have to take them down to ups or the USPS...

I looked real quick on ebay as a quick reference and see anywhere from $150 to $240 for shipping.

I wanted to just give you an idea of cost so you could decide if you were really interested.  The rims have tires on them so if I took them to get an estimate that may add cost if you did not want the skins..... which have not been patched, but have definately been used.... and not many miles left on them.

Let me know how serious you are for sure, and I can get actual estimates for you.

Quote from: dw43935;220881
Any idea on cost of shipping on the 4 aluminum wheels? SE Ohio 43935.
===85BIRD===

Reply #4
[COLOR="Red"]EDIT:  14".  My bad.[/COLOR]That would sure help, how wouldn't it.

I know they are 14" rims.  Not sure what size tires are on there.  The tires on the rims would come with it, but are low on tread. 

If you want more specifics, let me know.  They are out at my father in laws and I will be out there tomorrow.

If anybody needs pics, today would be a good day to request so I can snap the shots while I'm out in the country.

Quote from: V8Demon;220883
What size are the tires/rims?
===85BIRD===

Reply #5
wow, giving away a set of Centerline Auto-Drag rims?...I wish I was closer...I had to sell mine a few months back to make rent.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #6
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Sheesh, ya know I didn't get to eat breakfast OR lunch today, so I was REALLY REALLY excited when I saw this thread....aaand my hopes have been dashed again as usual. :(
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #7
last year or so i shipped a set of 14" rims with tires to texas for about $18 per rim.
there is no way itll cost $240 to ship four 15" rims anywhere in the country:rollin:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Reply #8
Gotta hate the fact both of my cars are 5 lug otherwise i would pay you some money and the shipping.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #9
I just hope they go to a good home.  They were given to me, and thus I pass them on. 

The funny thing is..... I didn't think many would be interested.
===85BIRD===

Reply #10
Quote from: Ductape91;221031
last year or so i shipped a set of 14" rims with tires to texas for about $18 per rim.
there is no way itll cost $240 to ship four 15" rims anywhere in the country:rollin:

hhheeeeeyyy man quit laughing.  I said I hadn't a clue.  :D

thanks for posting, definately good to know.  AND most importantly it means I should be able to free up some space.
===85BIRD===

Reply #11
Nice!
Those are awesome, If they don't work out for the others-shoot me a PM!. :burnout:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #12
i'll take the rims! i'll be in Lincon for some games would that be cool if i picked them up then?
:burnout:  GET SOME!!!!!  :burnout:

Reply #13
o darn i just read the thing but u know if it dont work out ima be there for football games so keep that n mind! thanks!
:burnout:  GET SOME!!!!!  :burnout:

Reply #14
Quote from: 84cougarV8;221130
i'll take the rims! i'll be in Lincon for some games would that be cool if i picked them up then?

They have been claimed.  Sorry!!

EDIT:  posted after I read the rest of the thread.....  I'll keep you in mind.  Let me know if you need anything while in Lincoln.  I'm always willing to help out a cat or bird owner.
===85BIRD===