Skip to main content
Topic: weird sound when cold (Read 796 times) previous topic - next topic

weird sound when cold

when i first start the car, when i drive away the car makes weird noises like the car has a flat tire. it goes away after less then 1 minute of driving and doesnt show up again until the car is cold. i havent the slightest idea of where it is coming from, all i can describe it is like it sounds like a flat tire.

there is no shuttering, shaking or anything.

anyone know what this is

weird sound when cold

Reply #1
i spoke with the seller and he says it sounds like a wheel bearing. i figured i would email him as he would know the car better then anyone at this point. it is also a new sound because it wasnt there when i bought it

weird sound when cold

Reply #2
i just wanted to share, this has been resolved. it was the drivers side front tire. the steel belt had shifted, causing the car to pull and make the sound. i did some testing by having my wife drive the car while i was outside watching it. i saw the tire appear to wobble. i had her slowly drive until i saw this huge section of the tire that was nowhere near flat on the tread. it looked like it had "cupped"

this morning i had driven it to the tire shop, got the new tire and the sound it gone, the car doesnt pull and it doesnt shake at higher speeds.

i am happy to report the car is running great, nice and smooth and no more pull