Skip to main content
Topic: gt-40p headers wanted (Read 495 times) previous topic - next topic

gt-40p headers wanted

would like to trade an 80 gb ipod with music for gt-40p headers. i'm kinda tight on money as of late, but need the headers to complete my engine build. i can't get online often lately, so my number's 850 890 6265 and i live in marianna, fl. thanks.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #1
bump! update, seeing as i live in austin, tx now, but the number's still the same. i'm sick of burning spark plug wires. :/
somebody? anybody? i'd much rather buy from someone on here than ebay.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #2
I have a set but, uh, I'm using them ;)

Just to let you know if you end up using the FRPP ones you will have to grind the top of the driver's side motor mount down a bit. I had to do that to get mine to fit.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #3
I'M trying pacesetter shorties the  rear drivers cylinder tube needs to be modded, with autolite #605 plugs,and 90* boots...got them on the 'coug, the stock car has '69 351w stang manifolds *modded, cast has to be ground off*
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #4
BBK shorties also work, with 90* boots. The tubes come out away from the head, then turn down. :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #5
3rd back on the driver side looks close. How is the clearance on it?

I that wire mesh I see?
1986 Cougar LS

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #6
they do look close, but not as close as the stock headers. lol. yeah, i got me some bbks like those, so those pics make me feel a bit better about things. :)

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #7
bringing an old thread back from the dead.. wow.

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #8
Quote from: DVP;260292
3rd back on the driver side looks close. How is the clearance on it?

Just the camera angle, it's tight but there is room.

I that wire mesh I see?

???
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #9
???

2nd pic.
Bottom right...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #10
Quote from: V8Demon;260341
2nd pic.
Bottom right...

Duh...lol, :hick:  yea that's a piece of expanded metal that was laying around the garage. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

gt-40p headers wanted

Reply #11
Quote from: cougarman;260347
Duh...lol, :hick:  yea that's a piece of expanded metal that was laying around the garage. :D

Plans for this metal?

Which headers are those? BBK 1 5/8?
1986 Cougar LS