Skip to main content
Topic: After two years. (Read 1708 times) previous topic - next topic

After two years.

I took cosmetology school at Normandy for two years (junior and senior year of highschool). Yesterday I went down to grove city in columbus, ohio to take my state board test. It was about a seven hour test all together and included a written portion and a practical part that we performed on a manikin. I'm happy to say I got an 84 and needed a 75 to pass, and now I am a licensed cosmetologist!

After two years.

Reply #1
Congrats and welcome back!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

After two years.

Reply #2
thank you. welcome back to what?

After two years.

Reply #3
well hasent it been a while since you have posted?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

After two years.

Reply #4
oh yeah lol! been so busy with school and stuff trying to graduate. you know.

After two years.

Reply #5
Congratulations, :bowdown:  Samantha great job on your achievments. I'm pretty sure Mom & Dad are proud of you to. Way to go !! :cool: :grinno:

After two years.

Reply #6
Yeah my mom came down with me and we were both crying when we got my results. It was so nerve racking though sitting there for an hour waiting for the results. Then we had to wait like another hour and a half for my actual license.

Thanks!

After two years.

Reply #7
Samantha, Was your dad working? Because I didn't think (Ric) missed out on these big events. :D

After two years.

Reply #8
If my wife allows me to wear make-up,I'll ask you for pointers.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

After two years.

Reply #9
Yeah the test started at 8 am we left at 4:10 in the morning!!! and didn't get back home till 7pm.

After two years.

Reply #10
Well, Samantha it was a long day but in the end you walked away with what you studied so hard for. So again Congrats you deserved it. :D

After two years.

Reply #11
Thank you! I feel like the biggest weight is now lifted off my shoulders! now all that is left is talking to my boss to training me so I can work as a stylist at my salon.

I have to take training courses no matter what now so I can learn more. Because in school all they taught was the basics so I'm still a beginner =[

After two years.

Reply #12
Congrats! :cheers:
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

After two years.

Reply #13
Heh, If I had known you were in town I'd have sprung for a celebratory drink or at least a Mt Dew. ;).

Looks like I'm gonna have to forego haircuts til CatJam. Bring yer skizzers. :D

Congrats!

After two years.

Reply #14
Congradulations !!!!

that is what my wife does for a living (also drives school bus).
she owns her own beauty shop and she loves her job,even after 20+ years of doing it................best of luck to you.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.