Skip to main content
Topic: a kitten story by blown306cougar.. (Read 1422 times) previous topic - next topic

a kitten story by blown306cougar..

the story starts with i get up at 5am this morning to get ready for work starting time is 6am.. i leave the shop at about 6:45am in west palm beach.after a quick bite to eat for breakfast i arrive at my first stop at about 9:15am in vero beach  mind you the traffic in west pb is not great at 7am and the truck only goes as fast as about 62 mph..

anyway..

so when i get to the stop which is a large lot very large.. each lot is about 5 acres.. the guys at the stop say they have a very small kitten.. barely larger then my hand and black in color.. and said someone must have droped it here or some how it found it's way here.  and most likely won't last the night here on this property which made sence.. so i look at the cat and [SIZE="4"]BAM[/SIZE] it jumped out of the guys arms and onto my shoulder..and stayed there purring while licking my ear.. go figure go for the sap that likes cats!

i was'nt planing to take the kitten since i have a whole route to do and since i know what it's like to get a cat never mind a kitten to stand still and stop meowing in a car never mind a large truck.. and of corse they reminded me it won't last the night most likely.. lucky me!
the sap for cats!

so we got a box i hoped that the cat would stay in it for the 5+ hours for my route and the 2 hour drive back to the shop.. ya i know good luck!!!

anyway so after about one minute in the truck the kitten peeped maybe twice then jumped onto my shoulder and stayed there till the next stop so of corse i got out quick thinking the kitten would try to get out. and when i got back in she was just sitting there and said [SIZE="4"]MEOW[/SIZE]hhmm  and so the kitten jumped up onto the passenger seat and then jumped back onto my shoulder.. so for the next and rest of the stops i just got out like normal and the cat did the same.. ie jumped back onto my shoulder.and purred in my ear!so after the route was done we got lunch. yes i said [SIZE="4"]WE[/SIZE] then drove back to the shop.. and the kitten stayed on my shoulder for the whole 100 mile ride back. with barely a peep! total trip 210 miles..then got back to the shop and everyone was allover the kitten till i punched out and me and the kitten got in the cougar with the kitten on my shoulder and drove home..
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #1
, you're killing me!

I have been thinking about getting a kitten this spring - that little kitten reminds me that I'm a sucker for cats too - doh! :hick:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #2
Cool story, so whats his name?

Hows things in Palm Beach?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
Like I always say, you never pick a cat, the cat picks you.

Cute kitten.

Reply #5
BAHAHAH!!!!

Ok Nick, Cody is going to be so jealous... you have a shoulder cat! lol He always wanted Guen to be a shoulder cat, but he never really picked it up... he's more of a "you lean over and I'll ride on your back" cat. :rollin:

So.... is he coming to CAT Jam with you? lol
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #6
He looks like a cat I had.His name was Max.he just fit the name for some reason.He died a few years ago.I have my "cub' Chloe now.She's been daddy's girl for about 5 years now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
*sigh*. The cat ISNT flipping us off. blown306, I expected better. :nono: :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #8
Definitely sounds like a keeper to me. I miss my cat, but I'll get to see him again in about a month or so when I head back to TN.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #9
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;219222
So.... is he coming to CAT Jam with you? lol

i guess all i can say is what they used to say about the New York lotto

hey you never know! :evilgrin:

oh and he is a she ;)
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #10
Cool.  We have 3 cats ourselves.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #11
thats too cute
not really a cat person, but they are defently cool. I will have one someday
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #12
Best  cat I ever had started off with a story very similar to yours.  It's a good sign.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
I too found a cat, solid black...was a shoulder-rider, same as yours...
Spook had an untimely end though...don't let your's outside! :(
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #14
Cute story and cat. Our black cat (this cat died in 1978) would not go in a car.  I'm impressed that a kitten would.  Seems like black cats always have yellow eyes?  What an adoption story!  I always wonder whether cats are possibly annoyed by ignition sound as they have a higher level of sound capability?  Put our cat in a car with the engine running and it whined and cried fiercely.