Skip to main content
Topic: plastic key ? (Read 1028 times) previous topic - next topic

plastic key ?

did all owner packets contain the plastic credit card key?
when i bought my 88 XR7 i got everything the original
owner had. key tags, window sticker ,bill of sale,dealer
key chain and license frame, all records since day one,
etc. i dont think they would forget that key. ill post for
this in the for sale section, but what actually came on
delivery? my 89 GT mustang had some hanging tags,
radio tags and steering wheel cover. what should i have
for the cougar to display?

plastic key ?

Reply #1
I have my plastic key.I've kept it since I bought my first '88 back in late '87.It's a keeper.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

plastic key ?

Reply #2
i've never gotten them with any of my thunderbirds, but i do have the original set for the ranger... and i've actually had to use them a few times. lol.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

plastic key ?

Reply #3
My Thunderbird came with a blank card key, and I kept it for the Mark when I sold the car. :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

plastic key ?

Reply #4
I never had mine cut.I just had extra keys made so i wouldn't have to use the card.I like those "little" things for the car as well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

plastic key ?

Reply #5
found one, but had to buy an owners pack from
a 91. thanks for telling me the mercury ones were
red. guess that also explains the red window stickers
also. thanks again ! --irv

plastic key ?

Reply #6
What the heck are those plastic keys for?  A spare or something?  You have to have them cut?  why wouldn't they just include a regular key... news to me.  I guess I have never purchased a new car ... or a car with one.
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

plastic key ?

Reply #7
it was easier to carry a regular key. if you got the
plastic ones cut they twisted when you used them.