Skip to main content
Topic: Mach 1 Edition.... (Read 12591 times) previous topic - next topic

Mach 1 Edition....

anyone know anything about the mach 1 edition 88 thunderbird TC's? I have this little brass plaque below my shifter...

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #1
Post up a pic.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #2
Quote from: 87TurboBird;218539
anyone know anything about the mach 1 edition 88 thunderbird TC's? I have this little brass plaque below my shifter...

That's it? That's all you're giving us? Pics Man !!! We need pics !!! Let's see the car,plaque,the whole thing.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #4
I still wanna see a pic man! Its rare enough to see one with the window decals,  Ive never heard of a plaque!
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #5
Wow I forgot all about this thread,,, i will up some pics here in a moment.... Detarnishing the plaque atm..... i have the window decals... Mach 1 edition and a plaque that is on the trim around my gear shift... it reads

1988 Thunderbird Turbo
Special Edition Mach 1

New Pics of The Mach 1 Bird

Reply #6

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #7
I googled a Mach 1 TC and yours is the only Mach 1 TC I found. So I don't know.

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #9
yeah the stripes arent original... they are freaking stickers... someone stuck stripes on i... tacky... im gonna replace them with real painted stripes... because i kinda like them... But yeah liek i said i cant find much information...

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #10
Quote from: JeremyT;236403
Well the Mach 1 sticker is correct and original, but not those stripes. Someone did a little customizing on the appearance of the car.

That is an insult to the word 'customising'. ;)

Worse than stickers. He used black masking tape and did a really bad job of spray painting stripes on. It looks like he ran out of paint too. It's pretty bad when you don't even peel the tape off.

Interesting find, though. I've only heard of a handful and seen a few, this one included. Same colour and plaques.

That car is seriously rough! :hick:

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #11
Quote from: 87TurboBird;236408
yeah the stripes arent original... they are freaking stickers... someone stuck stripes on i... tacky... im gonna replace them with real painted stripes... because i kinda like them... But yeah liek i said i cant find much information...

Did you read the post?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #12
Quote from: 87TurboBird;236408

Did you read the post?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #13
Yeah its rought but it wasnt running when i got it.. so she has come along way.... now i gotta find some ungodly parts.... door panels, kick panels, shift boot, im gonna put it back to original then put 4k in the motor.....

Mach 1 Edition....

Reply #14
When u have them redone u should think bout Gold strips they pop out more than black.