Skip to main content
Topic: i'm in trouble now, lol. (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

i'm in trouble now, lol.

i've had the ranger now for almost 10 years.  it's been a turbo ranger for about 4.5 of those years.  the truck isn't anywhere close to stock and is a blast.... when it's running, lol.  now i've got the turbocoupe running REALLY well for a 98% stock car... and it's time to tinker.  i've put quite a bit of money into the truck and now i'm about to do the same to the car.  what's wrong with me?  the whole idea was to daily drive the tc, and now i'm wanting to start modding it.  i have a sickness, i tell ya!  is there some sort of support group for this sort of thing?  lol.

anyway, just thought i'd share my happiness of having two vehicles that started as daily drivers, but didn't (won't, in the case of the tc) stay that way for long.  i need to buy a yugo or something to daily.  something that i won't be tempted by the turbo gods to mod.

also included is the first picture i've taken of my car in a long time.

91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #1
Quote from: turboranger91;218182
  now i've got the turbocoupe running REALLY well for a 98% stock car...
 what's wrong with me?  the whole idea was to daily drive the tc, and now i'm wanting to start modding it.
  i need to buy a yugo or something to daily.  something that i won't be tempted by the turbo gods to mod.

KEEP IT STOCK, if you can. Stock cars are leaving the planet faster and faster. Please leave it stock
and get that yugo to drive as a daily driver
Ric

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #2
i'll make you a deal... i'll mod it, but i'll keep all the stock parts.  that way if i ever want to put it back to stock or i sell it, it can be a stock car again.  sound fair?  please?... it's just too much fun to make them fast.
06 pontiac g6 gt

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #3
but when you take them to shows bone stock the look that you get is awesome

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #4
but the look on peoples faces when you run a 13sec or better in a 3600lb. car with a four cylinder is even better.
06 pontiac g6 gt

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #5
Quote from: blknredcougar;218185
KEEP IT STOCK, if you can. Stock cars are leaving the planet faster and faster. Please leave it stock
and get that yugo to drive as a daily driver
Ric

Ain't no way mine will ever be stock again...

AND if anything ever happened to it, I'll gut the red one in a minute...

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #6
I guess it can be looked both ways. I have to stop looking threw the stock tunnel vision goggles.

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #7
i have a sickness, i tell ya!  is there some sort of support group for this sort of thing?  lol.

ummm, i thought that was what this forum was for :burnout:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #8
Quote from: mywifeskitty;218201

very true.
06 pontiac g6 gt

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #9
two cars to mod can get expensive. I have a 95 supercoupe that I was  going to keep as a daily driver but I think I'm going to sell it. I can see it now catback, new pulley, gears...etc spuppiesing itself into another project lol

It only takes that one mod to get you started ;) but its fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #10
Quote from: mywifeskitty;218201

But support groups are supposed to help you overcome your problem, not encourage it :D

Trust me, though, I have the "make it faster" mentality with just about everything I have.  Heck, when my parents bought a new Compaq prebuilt computer, before we even started it up for the first time, dad and I added some RAM to it!  And we research all of our cars for possible mods, like getting a B block for my mom's 04 Accord :evilgrin: .

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #11
i've had the ranger now for almost 10 years.  it's been a turbo ranger for about 4.5 of those years.  the truck isn't anywhere close to stock and is a blast.... when it's running, lol.  now i've got the turbocoupe running REALLY well for a 98% stock car... and it's time to tinker.  i've put quite a bit of money into the truck and now i'm about to do the same to the car.  what's wrong with me?  the whole idea was to daily drive the tc, and now i'm wanting to start modding it.  i have a sickness, i tell ya!  is there some sort of support group for this sort of thing?  lol.

anyway, just thought i'd share my happiness of having two vehicles that started as daily drivers, but didn't (won't, in the case of the tc) stay that way for long.  i need to buy a yugo or something to daily.  something that i won't be tempted by the turbo gods to mod.

also included is the first picture i've taken of my car in a long time.

Look at it this way
If its stock, its not good enough!! Stock cars were built to just be "good enough" but is that enough, HELL NO!! Have fun with it!! But go five lug, and get some shagy rims on there as well!
and if you ever sell that ranger, let me know, I want a 4 banger turbo ranger, BAD. I wish I could find a decent one to do the swap to, I got the motor....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #12
if you like reliability keep it close to stock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #13
question
how hard is the 2.3t swap?
ive been turning over the idea of getting a bird for gas mileage, but I found a ranger on craigslist with mustang rims, and a 5 speed I could swap my bird motor into.....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

i'm in trouble now, lol.

Reply #14
Thats one nice TC!!!
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford: