Skip to main content
Topic: Is this the noob area?? LOL (Read 1721 times) previous topic - next topic

Is this the noob area?? LOL

Hey everybody,

My name is Kevin..

I'm a Police Officer in Asheville, NC and I currently own a 1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3L (Project) and I just picked up a 1988 Cougar LS 5.0...The cougar is a little beat up. The body is solid but the paint is . The interior is pretty nice sans the headliner and the dash pad (big suprise). I wont argue with the price. I have been helping a buddy of mine work on his old house and in return, he has given me the Cougar. It runs but will need some TLC in the form of a tune up and the basics. It has not ran more then 10 mins in the last 3-4 years he tells me.

I look fwd to hanging out here and learning about my new toy.

Pics to come.

Thanks
Kevin:cougarsmily:
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford:

Reply #1
Welcome aboard Kevin.Glad to have you here.Policeman,huh?I was a policeman as well some time ago for a couple of years.Anyway,we need pics of the car soon.It'll keep the hounds off your back.LOL.We're here to help if you need it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
You came to the right place!  I'm also a North Carolinian (I live just north of Winston Salem).  Welcome to the board.  This is the place to be if you wanna hang out and find some info on these cars.

Reply #3
Welcome Aboard, Kevin and :cheers:  on your new :cougarsmily: and will be waiting for your pics. :D

Reply #4
Welcome Kevin. If you have a cougar or bird, you belong here with the the rest of us crazy people. LOL
Learn and share what you know,
Welcome aboard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #5
Welcome to site Kevin :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
They did tell you the noobs need to bring nacho's, didn't they? ;)

Welcome to the kittybird farm. Enjoy your stay and don't step in the....

Ah. Too late.

Reply #7
Sorry, I should have warned you about the "Nacho Monster" that lurks in the darkness. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Welcome aboard Kevin.

Reply #9
Here we are some crazy people but if you want to restore it or customize it i am sure 9 times out of 10 someone on here has do it before and will help you out with something or another. Can't wait to see a few pics hope you like the new :cougarsmily: .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #10
Quote from: Carpimp1987;218234
Here we are some crazy people but if you want to restore it or customize it i am sure 9 times out of 10 someone on here has do it before and will help you out with something or another. Can't wait to see a few pics hope you like the new :cougarsmily: .

Correction:

YOU are crazy, everyone else is sane!

LOL
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #11
Honest Officer, wasn't me spinning tires...:rolleyes:

Welcome...

Tom

Reply #12
welcome to the forum!!  We're all not that bad.  Ok maybe some of us.
1987 TC

Reply #13
'Sup!

Welcome from another in blue.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #14
Welcome! your not to awfull far away
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication