Skip to main content
Topic: Hello all first post thought I would share my Cougar pix. (Read 8329 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello all first post thought I would share my Cougar pix.

Reply #15
Nice car.I'm not into hydraulics ,but if that's your thing,than cool.It does look like quality work.Welcome aboard,glad to have new members..Enjoy the place.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
P.S. How about some interior shots and one of the engine.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
Sweet car, nice to see something different every once and a while.
1987 Tbird 5.0 swap, go fast mods coming soon....

Reply #18
very nice hydraulic system..... was into those for awhile.... but i grew out of them... now im hooked on raw horsepower............ so hydraulics add weight when im trying to lose weight... well anyway welcome to the forum.. im new as well so dont be a stranger

Reply #19
Looks great. you are a rare breed around here. I can only think of 2 other cars that were on here that had hydraulics. and there was one on bags. whats the underside look like? is it a driver or just a show car? really like the cleaness of the install
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #20
Like several of the comments here, I am not into the hydraulics, but I am into how clean it is. Wow. Very nice job on the installation, definitely first class. Welcome!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #21
wow shes a bute .i like how you kept the era of the car with the 80,s paint theme. and the 80,s style wheels.and hydros instead of bags...nice  cat bro welcome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #22
Thanks for all of the compliments on the car!  I wasn't sure how a "lowrider" Cougar would be received but as I said in one of my earlier posts this forum seems to have some quality people so thanks.  I say that because where I am from they (lowriders) aren't real common and I hear all kinds of crazy things about it.  Anyways it is easy to change the oil and a front tire as well.  If you put it all the way up like in my sig. and dump one of the rear corners you can-with alittle pull on the front fender lift the front corner off the ground no jack! It pulls a pretty good three-wheel as well.  I currently only have one partial interior shot i'll post but the interior is like brand new. It's light grey with the top part of the dash dark grey.  I have to reinstall the pumps to get it out this year and i'll get some more pics up if there is any interest.  I finished the car in 1997 so the hydros were abit more popular and I was a bit younger back then!!  Thanks again for the comments!
\m/__\m/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #23
Oh I was going to answer as well that it's not a show car really nor is it a daily driver but could be if you have the kidneys and bladder for it!  It has only been wet twice since 1997 and that was a light wash other than that nothing.  The underside is ok has maybe a little overspray here or there and rustproofing.  The motor is all stock and probably abit dusty. I thought of building it up but lowriders just aren't suppose to be moving too fast.
\m/__\m/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #24
Do you have any problems with the body twisting or panels not aligning since you've done that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #25
Welcome.
That has to be one of the more tasteful lowriders I've seen in a long time.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #26
Im not a fan of hydros, low is nice, but never liked hydros.
But that I like. Nice wheels, sweet paint, nothing gaudy and obnoxious, just enough to be noticed before you show off the hydros. Very VERY tastefully done. Like most on here not my cup of tea, but I like it alot! And wouldnt be ashamed to own it!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #27
No I haven't had any problems with that and I was pleasantly surprised with how ridgid the cars are actually built.  The one thing that did happen if you look at the trunk shot of the hydros look at the right trunk lid hinge.  That is a paint stirer holding it up because the tension jobbies under the deck popped out and I haven't fixed them yet. I am really not too hard on it at all either.  I don't even have it so it can bounce because that is the hardest on them and probably not real good for the aluminum rims!
\m/__\m/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #28
Nice paint job what did you use on the bottom of the car to make it look like that. I think you did a great job on that car and welcome and don't listen to all of my crazy ideas. Nice cougar i can't wait to see more mods or just more pics of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #29
Thanks Carpimp--and I'll remember that!  After painting the whole car black metallic I used house of Kolor marbalizer.  It is super thin and all metallic pretty much.  You have to do one panel at a time cause it dries so fast.  You spray it on then hurry up and use something to make a pattern I used saran-wrap but you can use tons of stuff.  The next thing is pull it off and some comes off showing dark areas which is the black showing through from underneath.  If you take too long and I am talking more than 15-20 seconds most of the color or pattern will come off on the saran-wrap then you start over.  BTW..if anyone tries this there is an extra step after applying the marbalizer you must use I think it is  Sg-100 from house of kolor for the clearcoat to stick.

example---- http://www.levineautoparts.com/marbelizer.html
\m/__\m/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]