Skip to main content
Topic: The Bird and the GP (Read 2224 times) previous topic - next topic

The Bird and the GP

I never did post pics of the Grand Prix.

And of course heres the 'Bird.

As you can see it needs a front end.

And the dent by the back window needs fixed.

Yes I know the wheels are mis-matched but the other one that were on the front didnt hold air.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #1
You gonna put a Cougar front end on it?

The Bird and the GP

Reply #2
No, I'm trying to find a 'tbird front end for it but I havent had much luck. However it had a busted up Cougar front at one point in time that I threw away(shouldve kept it). The car was gonna get fixed up and have the V8 and 5spd swapped in before I started driving it but the GP decided it didnt want to be drivin anymore and now I'm stuck driving a V6 'bird with no front end.

That Cougar you see in the picture belongs to a freind, I'm just storing it for him till hes able to free up some space at his house.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #3
Ouch.How are you going to fix the rear sail panel on the Bird?Also,I REALLY feel sorry for all you guys dealing with all that rust.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

The Bird and the GP

Reply #4
Any pics/details of the cougar?

The Bird and the GP

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;217074
Ouch.How are you going to fix the rear sail panel on the Bird?Also,I REALLY feel sorry for all you guys dealing with all that rust.

There really isnt a whole lot of rust on this one, but my old blue 88 on the other hand was a little ugly.

That sail panel is gonna be tricky. It was alot worse when I got the car but I got most of it pushed out, not really sure yet on how I'm gonna fix it the rest of the way.

Any pics/details of the cougar?

No pics at the moment but its a 20th Anny(yes it was painted blue) with a 306, E303 cam, Mass-Air, mustang shortys, 2 1/2 catless hpipe, and 2 1/2 flowmaster american thunders. It also has a Mustang rear end with 3.73 gear.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #6
Well the T'Bird now has a TC front end and a new trunk lid along with the TC hood. Will get some pics as soon as the rain lets up and I get some batteries for the camera.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #7
Is it just me? or does the steering wheel of the GP resemble the dude from Scream

The Bird and the GP

Reply #8
The upper quarter would be easy to work on. Im a Body Man lol. I could have that knocked out in an afternoon with a stud gun a tiny tiny bit of filler and primed. So when do you want to bring her down? lol. Good car. Like the GP
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

The Bird and the GP

Reply #9
Quote from: baxo;218486
Is it just me? or does the steering wheel of the GP resemble the dude from Scream

lol it does!

The upper quarter would be easy to work on. Im a Body Man lol. I could have that knocked out in an afternoon with a stud gun a tiny tiny bit of filler and primed. So when do you want to bring her down? lol. Good car. Like the GP

I'd take ya up on that offer if you were just a few states closer lol. The GP aint that bad of a car. The frame on the car is really in good shape except for one spot. It looks like it had a gas leak for a good while that helped that spot on the frame go rather quick, but other than that it runs and drives great plus it only has 89,000 miles on it.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #10
I had a 71 GP, loved that car.
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

The Bird and the GP

Reply #11
Well got the PS pump changed(absolute PITA) and some batteries for the camera, expect pics tomarrow!
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #12
Forgot I had these lol!

Got a front end now!

No longer have a rusty trunk!

Not pictured is the new windsheild.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

The Bird and the GP

Reply #13
nice!!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

The Bird and the GP

Reply #14
Vary Niice!
1986 Cougar LS