Skip to main content
Topic: 5 lug conv (Read 1070 times) previous topic - next topic

5 lug conv

My brother in law who is a stang guy says that two left ranger axles will convert the stang rear to 5 lug. 
The front would be from the mark7.

does anyone here know of this?  just thought i would mention it.

5 lug conv

Reply #1
As convered in JeremyB's spreadsheet...

Axle Spreadsheet
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

5 lug conv

Reply #2
Yeah, my brother did that with his years back.  it converts it to 5-lug drums.  I think you have to get only certain years though...?
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

5 lug conv

Reply #3
so according to the spreadsheet you can use 98 mustang axles to convert an 88TC to 5-lug. can you use the stock brakes or do you use the 98 mustang brakes?

5 lug conv

Reply #4
Quote from: lakenheath24;215677
so according to the spreadsheet you can use 98 mustang axles to convert an 88TC to 5-lug. can you use the stock brakes or do you use the 98 mustang brakes?

You have to redrill the rotors to 5-lug and open up the center hole to match the larger hub on the SN-95 axles.  Other than that, no changes are needed on the 87-88TC.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon