Skip to main content
Topic: Project - The Bat in The Cat (Read 32078 times) previous topic - next topic

Project - The Bat in The Cat

Reply #135

The same ones are cheaper here even with the standard $89 shipping.  It's the same company..... 
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Mustang/Mustang-10th-Anniversary-Wheels-Black_3

I'd ask what the load rating is and whether or not they are hub centric.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #136
When I had mine, they fit great, and were never an issue with the Sport.. I sold them to finance the wheels I have now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #137
I like them both....but just go with 17x9 all around....so u can rotate your tires....unless u have plans for lots of HP and the wider wheels will help for traction.

Travis

Reply #138
I was leaning towards the black. I'm thinking 17 x 9 all around. I'm not going to go crazy with horsepower, and I like being able to rotate my tires. Maybe when I go 5 lug I'll change my mind on the HP and wides in the back. Here's what I was looking at. Complete package, with tires, mounted and balanced, free shipping.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black10th-17x9-8793-nitto-stan.html

They have cheaper and more expensive options with other tires.

Thanks for the input everyone!
Save a horse, ride a Cougrrr!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers
1997 Ford Mustang GT - stock
2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 4.0 - stock
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis- stock
2008 Ford Escape 4X4 - stock

Reply #139
What I didn't like about 17x9's all the way around with these, is that the 17x9 wheels have no depth, and it just doesn't look right on the rear. Looks like 4 front wheels. If you want to rotate them, get 14.6 wheels with whitewalls. Come on, Man........if you're buying new wheels, Get those fat ones for the back. It's not much more expensive, and if you want your car to rumble, give it the looks to back it up.....just sayin'.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #140
I get what you're saying Vinnie, but it's all personal preference. When I see deeper wheels on the back it makes me think the car is meant for straight line only. I've had cars set up like that over the years and always felt the handling was better when you have thick but equal tires all the way around. The Cougar is pretty much a daily driver (as long as the snow is done for the year) so I want to be able to rotate my tires and get as much life as possible out of them. We have plenty of new Mustangs at the dealership with wider wheels in the back (from the factory) and they handle fine, I'm probably just stubborn from past experiences. Hell, I'm still thinking about just getting new tires for the turbines I have on there and adding some black to them. Also, my tastes seem to be different than most. I really don't like slammed cars with the biggest tire possible stuffed in the fenders. I look at that and think "how the hell am I going to pull in my driveway without sing?" and "tires probably rub on tight turns and on bumps". If I was going to only drive the car occasionally, and only when there was no hint of moisture in the air, it would be a different story. I use this to go to work, go to the store, take the kids to school, take a spur of the moment trip to the Jersey s, etc. My main reason for going to 17" wheels would be for getting bigger brakes. In MY perfect world, I would have custom turbines made, 5 lug, 17" with the recessed areas being black. Too bad I'm not rich!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers

Reply #141
In the end, you gotta do it your way. I built the Sport the way I wanted it. Just like you stated....personal preference.

Reply #142
Just amazes me that new 17" wheels with tires are only $300 more than it would cost to just get 4 235/60R15 tires!

Reply #143
Quote from: CougrrrFiveO;431004
Just amazes me that new 17" wheels with tires are only $300 more than it would cost to just get 4 235/60R15 tires!

Because everybody has it now. Good thing its become popular ;)
How wide are you going in the front? I remember that front cant handle very wide stuff, you dont want like 255's on a 10" wide rim, that looks retarded.
Rear I fitted 315's on 10.5" rims without trouble.

Reply #144
Quote from: Thunderbird88;431050
Because everybody has it now. Good thing its become popular ;)
How wide are you going in the front? I remember that front cant handle very wide stuff, you dont want like 255's on a 10" wide rim, that looks retarded.
Rear I fitted 315's on 10.5" rims without trouble.

The package I linked is 17 x 9 all around with 245/45R17's. But again, I'm not positive on doing that yet.

A good friend of mine texted me yesterday and let me know that he saw an 88 XR7 at a U-Pull-It in NJ. I was able to get there this morning and get the marker light I needed. Of all the front lights on that XR7, the ONLY one that was not damaged was the one I needed! Really lucked out on that! Also picked up a console that is in better shape than the one I have in my car, and a bunch of interior trim pieces to hang onto just in case. Weirdest part is, this XR7 was in the EXACT same spot as the one I pulled my 8.8 out of many, many years ago. Same color too. Had a real Deja Vu moment when I saw it.

X

Reply #145
The decision is made. Putting new tires on my current wheels today. Got Uniroyal Tiger Paws for a good price. Over the weekend I am going to clean the wheels and paint them black like this.

X

Reply #146
Forgive the py MS Paint job, but I am limited while at work. Should look something like this when done.

X

Reply #147
Black them all the way out.  The polished outside only really works with chrome trim.  You have black around the windows I think it would look good with all black wheels.
84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.

Reply #148
Quote from: custompunk;431457
Black them all the way out.  The polished outside only really works with chrome trim.  You have black around the windows I think it would look good with all black wheels.

Agreed, maybe just the outer lip in chrome, just to break the black slightly . Looks amazing!

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #149
Nah, leave them like you photo hack.  Its your car, make it the way you like it.  And for petes sake post some photos when your done.  The photo shop job doesn't do your car ANY justice.
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.