Skip to main content
Topic: New Exhaust -- '86 Turbo Coupe (Read 1901 times) previous topic - next topic

New Exhaust -- '86 Turbo Coupe

Got all the parts together today for my new exhaust.  They'll be going on early Saturday morning.  Stinger 3" DP to 3" straight pipe to 3" Dynomax Ultra-Flo to dump.  Can't wait to feel and hear some improvements!

Reply #1
sweet as we await a sound clip
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Did you have a dump before? If not youre gonna HATE it.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #3
Can't say I did.  I realize it's going to be louder, maybe even a little annoying, but I think I can deal with it.  And if I can't, I'll take it to a shop when I'm done and have them run a tail.

Reply #4
I run my exhaust similarly. Same ler, but I use stingers full setup to the ler. Yeah, it's loud.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
That's only half the exhaust and lers,Where's the other side?LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
id throw a 45 out the side, helps the drone ALOT, least it did on my dads turbo coupe.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #7
Nice!  It looks good!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #8
Quote from: daboss351;213136
id throw a 45 out the side, helps the drone ALOT, least it did on my dads turbo coupe.

That's one of the things I'm considering... I'm just waiting to see how everything is going to line up.

Reply #9
looking good!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #10
Prepare to hear a tractor everywhere you go....:p

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #11
Yea, yea...

Reply #12
Let's pray for rain tomorrow... Tennis cancelled = exhuast.

Reply #13
Got a break in the weather today and the exhaust project is complete.  Started it with just the DP and yea, it definitely sounded like a tractor.  But with The 3' pipe and ler, it sounds pretty good if I may say so myself.  I'll get a sound clip as soon as I figure out a means to...

Reply #14
Pics? how far back is the dump?
1986 Cougar LS