Skip to main content
Topic: spent some time on the wheels today. (Read 651 times) previous topic - next topic

spent some time on the wheels today.

i had some spare time today so i decided to see what some mothers polish would do for my highly neglected snowflakes.

here's a before:

here's the after:

here's a side by side:

i know it's a bit hard to tell how bad they really are and how good they turned out, but trust me when i say, i took ten years worth of  off of them and they look great!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #1
Go get some 5 inch sanding discs for your drill,150 grit,then go over evrey inch of those wheels and smooth them out,THEN,start wet sanding them with 220 all the way up top 2000 grit,THEN,lay down a few coats of Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and watch them shine like a new penny
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
That is an improvement. If you don't want to sand the wheel and lose the factory etchings, get some acetone and work it in like there's no tomorrow. It'll take the cloudy, bubbling clear coat off the wheel and leave you with a beautiful aluminum finish.
Just be careful with the acetone and your skin. It's pretty nasty stuff.

before...

after...

Reply #3
right on, guys... thanks for the tips.  more than likely i'll have these wheels for a while.... till the wife lets me do a five lug swap.  lol.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily: