Skip to main content
Topic: Soon to be Resurrected 83 TC ! (Read 1674 times) previous topic - next topic

Soon to be Resurrected 83 TC !

A friend of mine who owns a repair shop in which I use to work on my 85, found this gem. He liked mine so much he got bit by the bug.

So i will be helping him bring her back to life. Here are the particulars: its an 83 TC with the quarter windows, a five speed and it also has the motorsport FMIC on it already.

Heres the best part, it only has 79,000 original miles.

I will and did submit some pictures soon.

Oh yeah, he paid $250 for it too.
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #1
83TC's FTMFW!

I like them so much I cloned one.....

:hick:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
Here are a couple of pictures, I also am going to get Tom to join this board.

1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #3
sweetness!  looks like with just a bit of cleaner wax and some elbow grease, that'll be a great looking car!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #4
Awesome!
Looks like an '84 though? (Amber front lenses, black tail birds)
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #5
Quote from: Romeo2k;212673
Awesome!
Looks like an '84 though? (Amber front lenses, black tail birds)
  Some late 83's had the amber front lenses.  It has the bright window trim which says 83.  The 84's had black.

Reply #6
Quote from: turboranger91;212653
sweetness!  looks like with just a bit of cleaner wax and some elbow grease, that'll be a great looking car!

Our cars are definitely special, especially compared to the boring Toyhonnisbaru cookie-cutters churned out today. My car is getting stares everywhere I go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #7
I have not seen the title but Tom told me it was an 83, like Chuck said late 83 had the amber lenses, and the bright trim. But this car has been off the road since 98 and it appears to have been modded as well. It has a remote oil filter on the firewall and a 3 wire O2. (not sure if that is original or not as my 85 has a single wire). Battery is in the trunk, mechanical triple gauge set in the dash(cleanly done too). So who knows what was replaced by the previous owner.
1985 Thunderbird TC

Reply #8
I couldn't resist. Here's what some simple color adjustment and touchup could do to that Bird (except gloss...it's darn near impossible to add a gloss look in a paint tool, so real paint would in fact look better).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #9
Sorry Guys I stand corrected it is an 84 :(

Just found out today ........ oh well I thought an 83 was coming back to life
1985 Thunderbird TC

Reply #10
send it over here if you don't want it ;-P
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #11
I can see the faded black window trim now.

Still though, 84's are cool.

Reply #12
yes another 84 turbo coupe. we are gonna take over lol. not sure about the 83's but yes my 84t/c does have the 3 wire o2 and my 85 xr7 has one wire o2.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird