Skip to main content
Topic: New here (Read 1744 times) previous topic - next topic

New here

Hey everyone, I was turned onto these forums by a friend, saying it was THE place to look for T-birds and Cougars. I don't own either of them at the moment, but will be looking to buy one soon :)

New here

Reply #1
Welcome!  Zietes is a buddy of mine lookin for a solid, reliable tbird or cougar.  Preferably 83-88 or 95-97 (V8 would be nice).  Pointed him here for the best source of info :).

New here

Reply #3
Howdy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

New here

Reply #4
welcome... if you're in the market for a fox bird or cougar, check in ohio.  that's where they all are.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

New here

Reply #5
Quote from: turboranger91;212456
welcome... if you're in the market for a fox bird or cougar, check in ohio. that's where they all are.

QFMFT. Yup soon as you cross that border heavenly choirs sing and every other car you pass by is a fox thundercat with a driver sporting the Bob-from-the-puppies-commercial smile.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

New here

Reply #6
Welcome aboard,
when you least expect it, is when you'll find yours.
until then, take in the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New here

Reply #8
Welcome.

Buy a Cat.

Bring pork rinds. :D

New here

Reply #9
Yeah, sorry man, forgot to tell ya that if you join the board, you're REQUIRED to give mayhem some junk food.

@xjeffs - That is a SWEET cougar.  I really like what he did with the turbines.

New here

Reply #10
Quote from: kingcars;212603

@xjeffs - That is a SWEET cougar.  I really like what he did with the turbines.

The turbines are factory. The 88 XR7 got body colored turbines standard, and argent wheels as an option.
It's Gumby's fault.

New here

Reply #11
Zietes, welcome aboard!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

New here

Reply #12
Quote from: Tbird232ci;212626
The turbines are factory. The 88 XR7 got body colored turbines standard, and argent wheels as an option.

Yeah I still half can't believe that every time I see a pic of an XR7. Just seems a mite flashy/sporty for something available stock. Sure was a good idea though.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

New here

Reply #13
Wait till you see a red 88 XR7 with the red turbines. You'll think otherwise then.
It's Gumby's fault.