Skip to main content
Topic: Hubcap opinions (Read 1701 times) previous topic - next topic

Hubcap opinions

Which hubcap looks better with my new wheels?

Little dome (it's chrome so it's hard to see):

This is the hubcap that came with the wheels - it's low-profile and doesn't stick out like the little domecap:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Hubcap opinions

Reply #1
i like them both
but to pick one i kinda like the domes
and not to be a jerk but they are center caps
I saw the title and was soo confused why you would put hubcaps on those sweet wheels!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Hubcap opinions

Reply #2
Quote from: daboss351;212001
i like them both
but to pick one i kinda like the domes
and not to be a jerk but they are center caps
I saw the title and was soo confused why you would put hubcaps on those sweet wheels!

Thanks for your opinion. I called them hubcaps because my old T-Bucket had spindle-mount wire wheels and the little aluminum cap that covers the hub was called a "hub cap". It's a historical accuracy thing with me :hick:

Hubcap opinions

Reply #3
well now thats true. Sorta like the dust caps on the rotors, I see what your saying. Makes sense. I love those wheels on that cougar man, set that thing off NICE!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Hubcap opinions

Reply #4
Should have made a poll :)  I like the low profile ones on those awesome wheels.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Hubcap opinions

Reply #5
Thanks dude(s)!!, they do look pretty nice (if I don't say so myself.) :D I just got a set of Sumi HTRZ II's mounted on the back and one customer in the shop couldn't stop looking at them!

Here's a couple more pics of the mini-hubcaps and an overall shot.

Hubcap opinions

Reply #6
yep
def the dome
the "style" of the dome fits the car IMHO
the flat looks good too, but idk doesnt fit as well
God that thing is bad ass!!
my $300 beater ;)

Hubcap opinions

Reply #7
I have to say, a 20th Anniversary, with those wheels, and that KB Blower...I love it.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Wanna trade? :D
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Hubcap opinions

Reply #8
Quote from: SSX;212063
I have to say, a 20th Anniversary, with those wheels, and that KB Blower...I love it.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Wanna trade? :D

No, but thanks for the idea to redo my signature :D

I'm going to buy another 3 of the domecaps and I can choose which I like better - maybe change my mind at some point :D

Hubcap opinions

Reply #9
Good idea!! I figured you liked the domes.
my $300 beater ;)

Hubcap opinions

Reply #10
What kind of wheels are those? Those things are the shag!! I love them!
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Hubcap opinions

Reply #11
I prefer the stock caps, but both are nice!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Hubcap opinions

Reply #12
I like the stock caps.The domes look like a chrome brake rotor dust cap to me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Hubcap opinions

Reply #13
Quote from: cougrrr302;212318
What kind of wheels are those? Those things are the shag!! I love them!

They are AR Rebel wheels. I bought the last 5 4-lug wheels in the country (4-lug 6" BS model is discontinued, though 5 lug are still available). Every time I look at the car I can hardly believe how much better it looks. It's like having a new car. :bowdown: :cougarsmily:

Hubcap opinions

Reply #14
Hmmmm, two more votes for the stock caps - that's cool - thanks :D I got the dome one to verify that it was the same size and because the stock ones have to be modified to fit over the stupid long spindle in the front. In both cases, the stock dust cap has to be removed - fortunately the AR caps form a tight seal so I can get away with removing them. I stll might snag 3 more of the domes to have an option ;)