Skip to main content
Topic: New to the Group (Read 3835 times) previous topic - next topic

New to the Group

Hey Guys, im new to Fox Tbird Cougar Forums but not to the community, ive been over at NATO for 2 years now since i got my TC.Well Heres my Story,

I'm a 18 Year old Kid from Upstate Western New York Area, still in high school taking the Auto Program at BOCES, and going into the Ford ASSET Program in the fall. I got my Turbo Coupe 2 years ago from the Paper for $650. I know everyones thinking New York = Rot, but this car is from California, and started Life in Hawaii, according to CarFax. The Guy who owned in before me brought it here from california, drove it for a number of years, then parked it in 95. So Fast Forwarding to about 2005-2006, i was looking for a mustang, as is probaly alot of kids my age, couldnt find one cheap, so my dad suggested looking for a Thunderbird, reminding me of the 88 3.8 we once had. I said yea, those are cool. So searching the Newspaper i Found my 84 Turbo Coupe. Didnt know what they were, and kind of knew what they looked like. Called the Guy up, and went and looked at it, and got this:

my dad looks at me and asks me the question " You Want it?" i asked him if it was worth it, he said hell ya.

The car was kind of screwed up from a tried to 5.0 conversion, but it had alot of potential with the orignal 2.3 and t5 coming with it. so we got the guy down from 900 to 650. and trailored it home.

Over the Course of the last 2 years, ive gotten the T5 Rebuilt, New Tie Rod ends, painted the engine bay, regasketed the motor, Pro 5.0 Shifter installed, spent numerous amounts of time at the S Yards looking for Bellhousings, headlight covers, fenders ETC. Put 500 dollars worth of Auto Meter C2 Gauges in it. Just for a fun little Street car, I think i one the deal on this car, the guy thought the motor had a knock and it turned out it was massive amounts of carbon on the pistons.

So im just looking to redo the body eventually, and i will have a pretty nice commuter, and woman chaser car.
I have to thank alot of people from Nato And here for the Tech Articles and the phone calls just to get my car done, Ive never met a nicer groupe of people, and ive been to many carshows, and im a tire carrier for a hooters pro cup team.

I hope i can help just a small amount that you guys have,

Heres a few pictures of where my cars at right now, getting ready to be put on the road for the first time in 13 years.

as of last week:

me putting my motor in my car last summer:

Thanks to everyone and Happy Tbirding!:birdsmily:
Chris Perry

If anyone has any of the rear pillar 84 Birds and the 84 Grille laying around and they dont need it, let me know a price, im in need. and heres a youtube vid of my car from last week as well.

New to the Group

Reply #1
NICE BIRD!!! Sounds like me and my mark 7, cept im 16, I payed 500 for my car, and its a rot box!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

New to the Group

Reply #2
Welcome Chris and congrats :cheers:  another 4eyed fox comes to our board !! :cool:

New to the Group

Reply #3
Welcome, another from NY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New to the Group

Reply #4
you wouldnt have been driving your car around the angola area today would you? i saw a cougar just like that when i was out and about

New to the Group

Reply #5
great story and nice looking 4 eye. good luck in the future with the bird
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

New to the Group

Reply #6
No way it was his!! His is apart for some serious rust repairs!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

New to the Group

Reply #7
I don't think that was me
mine kinda looks like this at the moment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New to the Group

Reply #8
Welcome, Nice looking ride you got there  :burnout:  :birdsmily:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

New to the Group

Reply #9
Thanks for the welcome guys!

New to the Group

Reply #10
Welcome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

New to the Group

Reply #11
Yep,welcome aboard.Glad to have another member here.Enjoy the place.We're way cooler than the other forums.If you don't believe me,just ask anyone here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New to the Group

Reply #12
Thanks Guys,
heres a few shots from the otherday when the weather finally decided to break

time to do the heater core tommarrow!
not lookign forward to it.

New to the Group

Reply #13
It's not as bad as it looks.I took Eric's advice on which fasteners to remove,and had my heater core changed in less than hour,and I took my time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New to the Group

Reply #14
Looks like it's going  to be a sweet ride! Just needs something..a hood! lol jk!( i saw it in the first pics) Go Cowl induction ;)
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout: