Skip to main content
Topic: 87 Thunderbird (MI) (Read 549 times) previous topic - next topic

87 Thunderbird (MI)

well unfortunately it the time has come that i have to sell my baby. its an 87 base Thunderbird with a rebuilt 302 roller block, multi port fuel injected. aod trans. the body is in good shape, it had an undercoating and an inner body panel coating to prevent rust so it is very minor. since the motor was installed i put maybe 7000 miles or less. and i also have many parts that i have not had a chance to install. like the 4:11 gears and long tube headers. larger 18# fuel injectors, but since i quit driving it i did not install them. a lot of the work done on the car is custom. i am looking for around $1700 obo for it. 

Shawn

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #1
oh yah, it has less than 70,000 miles on it.

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #2
Looks great.  Did you sell the aftermarket wheels separately?

And rules say you need to post the exact location.

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #3
City and state required for all ads.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #4
sorry, i put the state in the title, its in Plymouth Michigan. those are the only wheels ive had on it.

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #6
well i did not know u had it on here. just seen it on cragslist. by the way its me david wyatt iv been emailing you about the car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #7
... where the hang were you two weeks ago? :(
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #8
Very nice, very basic (just the way I like 'em) 'Bird. I notice that the alternator is on the other side of the engine - is this normal on a car without A/C? I've never seen a 5.0 car without air so I don't know. I'd always thought the accessory layout would be the same but with an A/C eliminator pulley...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

87 Thunderbird (MI)

Reply #9
well that block is from a mark IIV, so it might be a little different, but i also took off everything but the water pump and alternator, and i made a  bracket for an idler pulley opposite of the alternator, thats actually what the coil pack is attached to, but the coolant hose is in the way of this pic.