Skip to main content
Topic: It has the 5.0 liter Super High Output motor (Read 798 times) previous topic - next topic

It has the 5.0 liter Super High Output motor

HAHAHAHA XD

Epic Fail

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/608044674.html

1985 ford thunderbird elan turbo coupe. This is the T- Bird 30th anniversary edition. It has the 5.0 liter Super High Output motor, automatic transmission. It is not completely original, we have added high performance wheels and tires, and a cd player.(original radio will come with it if desired) NADA standards rate this vehicle as High retail value of $10,005.00, it is well within their standards, the average retail value is $6,469.00, we are asking $5,500.00. There are only 112K miles on the vehicle, and has been extremely well kept. Attached are a couple of photos, craigslist cannot allow more, so more can be emailed to you upon request. Serious buyers only please, this is not by any means a "parts car"
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #1
its actually not a bad looking car. the seller is just an idiot trying to sell a car to even bigger idiots.

"NADA standards rate this vehicle as High retail value of $10,005.00, it is well within their standards, the average retail value is $6,469.00, we are asking $5,500.00"

and thats not a 10 grand bird, nor a 6 grand, nor a 5 grand. not with 112k miles. idk where they sourced that price information from.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #2
if you look on the nada site, they make you look under classic car......  here's a 1985 elan 5.0 w/ a/c

Original MSRP: $11,916
                  Low Retail  Average Retail  High Retail
Base Price    $2,950          $5,625            $8,700
Options   
302 V8 Engine  add 15%
Air Conditioning add 10%

TOTAL PRICE  $3,688          $7,031          $10,875

so his numbers aren't way off......  unless you know that they DON'T ask for mileage........  that many miles automatically put him between the low and average categories..... but WAIT, THERE'S MORE... notice the word "retail".....  that's what a dealer puts on the window, not what you can buy it for......

i think the car is about 2500 to 3000 tops.... dude is either smoking some good , or trying to unload some other kind of  on the masses

this ends this transmission

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #3
That's also not an anniversary T-bird (unless they repainted it)  It isn't the correct color.  I don't remember the interior color for anniversary Birds, but I'm guessing that this isn't it.  I also like how it's an "Elan Turbo Coupe."
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #4
wow... he has just about everything except heritage attached to that bird. :hick:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #5
Epic Fail

The Epic Fail will be the person that buys it for that price.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
OMG!!!!11 THE SUPER HIGH OUTPUT 5.0!!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE!!! THEY"RE SOOOOOOO RARE!!!
/sarcasm

:P
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #7
Quote from: SSX;209471
That's also not an anniversary T-bird (unless they repainted it)  It isn't the correct color.  I don't remember the interior color for anniversary Birds, but I'm guessing that this isn't it.  I also like how it's an "Elan Turbo Coupe."

forgive me for being uneducated. are the elan and turbo coupe 2 totally different models? plus, aren't the tc and the 5.0 ho 2 totally different motors?
It's always fun until someone loses an eye. then it's fun ya can't see.

-James Hetfield back when metallica was still making good music.

Reply #8
no, they forgot to put fila on it. May he's moved on to elan's instead.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

question

Reply #9
i don't know a whole lot ,but i do think i'm right on this. it can't be a turbo coupe and have a 5.0 motor. turbo coupes were 2300 4 cylinders. yes or no .

Reply #10
1. That's NOT a 30th Anny (they're Regatta Blue and Silver 2-tone with a Regatta Blue interior, special badging)
2. That's NOT a Turbo Coupe (they have 2.3L Turbocharged 4-cylinders, front bumpers with foglights, and different seats/console, etc)
3. That's NOT a "SHO" 5.0, it's the same 155HP CFI wheezer all of the other TBirds got.
4. He's on crack.

Reply #11
Quote from: P71;209538
1. That's NOT a 30th Anny (they're Regatta Blue and Silver 2-tone with a Regatta Blue interior, special badging)
2. That's NOT a Turbo Coupe (they have 2.3L Turbocharged 4-cylinders, front bumpers with foglights, and different seats/console, etc)
3. That's NOT a "SHO" 5.0, it's the same 155HP CFI wheezer all of the other TBirds got.
4. He's on crack.

You beat me to it! Hell I even know that...
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #12
This posting has been deleted by its author.
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Alright who said something XD
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #13
*Innocent Whistling*