Skip to main content
Topic: Thor's Restoration Question! (Read 964 times) previous topic - next topic

Thor's Restoration Question!

I have my T-Bird stripped down as far as I want it and I have a few question.
1. Can I get a new engine wire harness for my 392 stroker crate motor. I bet it has to be a 351W truck harness.
2. Is it easy to change out my rack and pinion now since I have clear access.
3. I might want to put a new "K-Member" set up for my 'Bird. Does anyone know the part number, price and availibity of that part?
4. Last, but not least, since my 88 T-Bird is pretty much stripped (engine, tranny, seats, etc), my other Turbo T-bird has a tow hook. I would like to tow my Bird down to the local wash rack (8 miles round trip) and clean out the engine bay. Do you'all think I can do this without hurting my Turbo T'Bird (1988).

The pictures are in photobuck and here's the link

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n126/thorpower/Ready%20for%20cleaning/

password is "restoration"

Thanks
Ride the Thunder & Feel the Power

Reply #1
The harness doesn't have any idea if it's on a 302, 347, 351 or 392... NO wiring harness is going to properly fit a Tbird except for a Mustang and that will require some modifications... If your harness is in good condition, you'd be far better off to do a Mass Air conversion and use it as is...

Reply #2
Outside pics would be nice, your interior looks very nice, what does the outside look like?
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

Reply #3
In the same photobucket, if you were to move up a level to Thor's pictures, it'll show the outside of it.
Ride the Thunder & Feel the Power

Reply #4
Nice bird, I especially like the red bird emblems
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #5
1.  If you really want to buy a new harness, you might check Ford, Painless, or maybe these guys
http://www.thedetailzone.com/ford%20replacement%20harnesses.htm.
2.  Easier.  The rack is pretty easy to change.
3.  Why do you want a new K?  Road racing, drag racing, street?
4.  Call in a flatbed or use a trailer.
5.  When can you start on mine?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]