Skip to main content
Topic: Board Picture Hosting (Read 1517 times) previous topic - next topic

Board Picture Hosting

Can someone throw the switch so that pictures hosted on the board can be linked to via the [img] function? That you can put the pictures where you want and not at the end of a post where they use a lot of their usefulness. Upping the pic limit per post from 3 to 5 or more would also be nice.

Board Picture Hosting

Reply #1
I don't believe it's possible to do so the way our board is set up. When installing the software there's a choice between storing the attachments one way and storing them another way (I forget which is which). The way we store them is easier on the server, conserves processing cycles. Fewer processing cycles = faster board.

Baxo might know a bit more about it, though - he actually knows how all this shiznit works...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Board Picture Hosting

Reply #2
I use tinypic.com to upload my pictures. Once uploaded it kicks back an IMG or HTML code for you to cut and paste into a web forum or message board. You can paste it where ever you want...

Here's one:

Notice that I'm still typing, heheh...
If you notice on alot of my posts I will have the pictures spaced apart with explaining text in between. My MAF thread is a good example.

Tinypic rules!

But, I just noticed that I forgot to resize the pic and it's too wide. 900 is as wide as you want to go on a forum otherwise people have to scroll from side to side which to me is very annoying because it asses up the thread. I normally resize to 800 wide. That's pretty good. Hope this helps.

Here's the same pic resized to 800 wide:

See the difference! But you need photoshop or something like it to be able to resize. Here's one of just the car. I love being able to crop and resize because it really helps get your point across. You can center up what you want people to see in the pic. I know this is off topic but I'm bored, LOL...

Of course you always lose quality when you go UP in size. When I cropped the Saleen it ended up around 340 wide and I went up to 800 so the frame would be the same size as the picture above.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)