Skip to main content
Topic: DA BIRD updated again new pics 3-31-08 (Read 3498 times) previous topic - next topic

DA BIRD updated again new pics 3-31-08

i've been working on installing my new front mount intercooler kit. i'm getting pretty close to finishing it up so i thought i should throw up some pics of my handy work. everything is in except for the bypass valve  and the bung for the vac/boost line. these pics are the last of the final rough in stages. so here we go.

complete with factory A/C

going with a blow thru setup and you can see i need to work out the air filter tube.

and here is one overall shot

now just to figure out where to put the air/fuel ratio gauge. i have a dual pillar pod but i have vac/boost and oil pressure there.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
ipsd, Keep up the good work and everything looks great in your engine bay :headbang: :cool:

Reply #2
thanks mercury-man. i do plan on swapping out the throttle body with another non-painted one. then a new blue vac line kit should help. didn't want to go blue but it is what the place i got the kit from had. so blue it will be. i guess i can just say it is ford blue.
ps. i also have another throttle cable bracket. it might get painted blue.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
ipsd, did you make your IC pipes ? I am thinking about going with a Blow thru VAM too.

I seem to be having some issues with mine as a draw thru at the moment. Nothing bad just seems like I am leaving something on the table ??? (More HP)
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #4
VAM in general leaves A LOT on the table.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
no i didn't make those pipes they came with the kit i bought. i just cut and trimmed them. it was a universal kit.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #6
I know VAM leaves alot on the table, but switching to Speed density or a standalone takes alot out of my pocket.
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #7
That looks awesome!  I just love how pipes look though...

Reply #8
Is that a "Stinger" kit?

I've been thinking about swapping over to megasquirt this spring/summer...we'll see, the list of stuff I wanna do this year is way too long.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #9
looks good, but I would do the yellow a different colour....

put the A/F gauge where your clock is....  that is where I put mine.

Reply #10
Well, the one I have is a Stinger Kit. ipsd who made yours?
1985 Thunderbird TC

Reply #11
Looks like a universal kit off of ebay.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #12
i got my kit off e-bay from just intercoolers it is a universal kit.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #13
more work today. i got my AF gauge ready to install and worked on making my bpv  ready to weld onto the pipe. here are the pics.

Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #14
i slapped the original hood back on the car yesterday. i say it looks much better this way.

so i went from this

back to this.
Da Bird!

FreeBird