Skip to main content
Topic: What year Zephyr is this? (Read 1984 times) previous topic - next topic

What year Zephyr is this?

Reply #15
If I were to guess I'd say a '79.  I used to be big into Fairmonts..I had a fairly tricked out one for the time.

Here's a few pics of her (not to hijack your thread, but to show what you can do with them)

They make great racecars.  Very light, cheap and essentially a 80's Mustang chassis.  Mine had a built up 302 that ran mid 12s (back in the 80's)

They're boxy but good!

Reply #16
It's toooo plain to be a Zephyr. The owner could of changed the grill and taillights as they were pretty much the same. It doesn't look like it's in bad shape though. Hmmmmm why would a Zephy have A Fairmont "Futura" badging?

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #17
Quote from: Red Spar;208587
If I were to guess I'd say a '79.  I used to be big into Fairmonts..I had a fairly tricked out one for the time.

Here's a few pics of her (not to hijack your thread, but to show what you can do with them)

They make great racecars.  Very light, cheap and essentially a 80's Mustang chassis.  Mine had a built up 302 that ran mid 12s (back in the 80's)

They're boxy but good!

Wow that looks great! What happened to it? Got any more pics?
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #18
I'm going to guess it's an '81 or '82.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #19
Quote from: 5.0 bird;208716
Wow that looks great! What happened to it? Got any more pics?

My EX-wife got drunk and crashed it into a graveyard (seriously). Needless to say she is my EX wife. ;)  Car was completely totaled.

Don't really have much more pics offhand.. I'd have to dig some more out of the attic