Skip to main content
Topic: heres a odditie for everyone (Read 1699 times) previous topic - next topic

heres a odditie for everyone

it's funny what you can find out when surfing the net.. :crazy:  :crazy:

The first Arby's restaurant opened in Boardman, Ohio, on July 23, 1964, serving only roast beef sandwiches, potato chips, and a beverage.  It was the only Arby's restaurant for a year as the brothers refined the operation.  One year later, the first Arby's licensee opened a restaurant in Akron, Ohio.  Today, more than 450 licensees operate more than 3,400 restaurants worldwide.
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Re: heres a odditie for everyone

Reply #1
woohoo, I used to work at an arbys for 3 year, until 6 months ago when i got a new job :)

Reply #2
The arbys in my town is one of the few nearly original stores (design wise) left. At least that i know of.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #3
What's the original design look like? 

Chris
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #4
Ugh, I guess the best description is like a faux brick/real brick exterior, resonably small (few person dining room), big ol sign out front (though I think most all do, my town's is noticably old). It's really had to describe, i'll try and dig up a picture.

Reply #5
hows this
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #6
That's actually pretty close. There have been renovations over the years, but you can tell how it may have looked. I'm gonna go take a picture in person tommorow. I'm make sure to get the building and the sign. Oh, last I remember the original boardman arbys doesn't exist anymore. They moved across the street, so I think that may make the one in my town the closest to original there is left.

Reply #7
Yep, that's a true story. The Arby's that was the original in Boardman is across the street from the current Arby's, by the mall on Rt. 224. I think it's some kind of pet store or something now and it used to look like that photo. Anyway, the current Arby's has this funky drive-through setup with this tray that goes up and over your car. I've never seen anything like it anywhere.

Reply #8
Mmmm....chicken bacon swiss with curly fries.... 
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #9
There's an Arby's in Boardman?

Reply #10
I hate you all..... This is my Breakfast Lunch and Dinner.

:mad:
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #12
YEah I have heard of that story being true, now here's one I have heard but dont know is true or not...

Fricker's and Ralphie's:
Supposedly same deal started with one frickers being ran by 2 brothers and being the only one in town(where im not sure) or somethin, only they got into a huge fight and the one brother opened up his own restaurant, ralphie's right next door to frickers. So supposedly where there is a frickers there is a ralphie's right literally next door and the brothers have still never talked to each other. I know there are two right next to each other over here in T-town but as far as everywhere else is beyond me. And the brothers ever talking to each other is way beyond me...lol, interesting...I wonder if any one else has heard this shizzle!!!

Reply #13
Quote from: Ifixyawata
There's an Arby's in Boardman?

Um, like, sheeyah....224 west, past the mall, across from Circuit City. That's the one across from the original.