Skip to main content
Topic: The Police stopped my wife... (Read 1337 times) previous topic - next topic

The Police stopped my wife...

Reply #15
My cop story can't touch Thunder Chicken's, but I will post it anyway.  A few years ago I was out at a party in suburbia and it started snowing pretty heavy.  I left early to try to get out  before the worst of the storm hit, but the unplowed roads were already horrible.  The Cougar already isn't that great in the snow, but I could barely do more than idle unless I wanted to drive sideways.  Feathering the throttle meant I could do slightly more than idle, but I had to constantly correct to keep the rear from coming around too far.  Low and behold a cop sees me and surprisingly enough decided to pull me over.  After talking with the cop (couldn't beleive he actually pulled me over for this) we both agreed the weather was pretty awful and there was nothing more I could do.  By coming to a complete stop in the snow I was royally stuck too, so the cop had to push me out (wonder if he got stuck too, I didn't stick around to find out)  If that weren't enough, the very next day I see a cop halfway on the boulevard in front of my house.  I went out to give him a hand...and it was the same cop that had pulled me over the night before.  The odds of that happening half to be extremely low.  The funy thing was, the roads weren't nearly as bad after the plows had come through, but I think he thought the road was clear at the yield sign then saw someone coming and ended up in the median.  We both had a good chuckle about it, but I think he was a bit embarassed about everything.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]