Skip to main content
Topic: thunderbird sport? (Read 1142 times) previous topic - next topic

thunderbird sport?

Hello everyone i'm sorry to bother again.Can anyone tell me what if anything is so special about the thunderbird sport's?I am just wondering because i have what i was told is one with the 5.0 efi.Just need to know so i can decide if i want to build this car or not.TY

thunderbird sport?

Reply #1
T-bird Sports have the Turbo Coupe's heavy duty springs, quick ratio steering rack, quad shocks, TC sway bars, and a floor shifter.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

thunderbird sport?

Reply #2
Mine came with buttstuffog gauges,TC sway bars,TL rear with 2.73 gears (traded out for an 8.8),no light group package option,but it does have the floor shifter and really nice bucket seats with power lumbar,adjustable bolsters,and pull out knee supports.Oh,it came with quad shocks as well.Build yours up.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

thunderbird sport?

Reply #3
i would build it -you can't go wrong with  a thunderbird
:birdsmily:1985thunderchicken with 5.0 and dual pipes and more to come

thunderbird sport?

Reply #4
X2.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

thunderbird sport?

Reply #5
sports had their own springs. not turbo coupes
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

thunderbird sport?

Reply #6
Quote from: shame302;210063

Only in the front... Rears are same as TC...

thunderbird sport?

Reply #7
Quote from: shame302;210063
And they were not much different than LX's
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

thunderbird sport?

Reply #8
The surest way to tell a Sport is the VIN. If it starts out 1FABP60 it's a regular T-Bird. 1FABP61 is a Sport. 1FABP62 is an LX, and 1FABP64 is a Turbo Coupe.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣