Skip to main content
Topic: eBay Motors and its New Layout (Read 1573 times) previous topic - next topic

eBay Motors and its New Layout

Take a look at the attached images.

Has anybody else been irritated by this?
It has occurred to me within the past several weeks that 1983-1988 is omitted from the year choices by default. This seems to be the story for both Thunderbird and Cougar listings.
I've also noticed that this seems to hold true regardless of the amount of vehicles that may fall into a particular range of years; whether it be Fox chassis years or not.
Now, what if they just showed all ranges of a specific chassis for the duration of a vehicle's production? Why not? It wouldn't take up much more room than it does now. It just seems so stupid to me.

Perhaps I'm biased, especially since this new layout is in its beginning stages, but I feel like we're being singled out. Par for the course, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
I saw that,but I just changed it back to the old way.It had an option to click and all was well again.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
no, that is because there are none for sale and they just dont show it.....  I think....

Reply #3
I quite honestly HATE that new format and I generally just turn it off whenever I go there.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #4
X3 I hated it too sent in a complant and changed back to the old style. One big major thing I hated was with my saved searches. They did not work with the new style and would have to be completely re-done. There were some other issues too with display preferences, I can't remember now exactly what they were.

Reply #5
Yeah, WTF is up directing me to the new site when I click on my favorite searches? When I click on my search, I want results, not some new site asking me to redefine my search. I just go back to the old site to. It's becomming REALLY annoying!
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #6
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;204107
no, that is because there are none for sale and they just dont show it..... I think....

+1

Reply #7
no, that is because there are none for sale and they just dont show it.....  I think....

No, there are some for sale.  You just click "more choices" and the option for the mid eighties years pop up.

Reply #8
I really like the new format.  I'm in to station wagons and it was difficult before to find them all as not all were listed under wagons.

Now they are all there in one spot.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #9

Nope. When I took those screen captures there were both Fox Cougars and Thunderbirds for sale.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
How many Fox cars were for sale?

Seems like the most entries per body style are listed on the top, then the individual years underneath. If there aren't a whole lot of Fox cars up for sale right now (and at least for the Cats there aren't), then it's not really surprising to see them near the top.

It's no big deal; that will fluctuate with time. In the spring when everyone's selling, Fox cars will be at the top.

Reply #11
At first I thought the selection was omitted because it was listing other years but now I think they dropped the ball.

Allowing searches by years is a good idea but the new format misses items the old version doesn't.

What I like best is having to say "no, leave me alone" with every login.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
i hate ebaymotors new format:flip:
its a pain in the @ss to get to the parts car section (instead of typing it in like you have to now)
i personally dont like the whole feel of the new site, makes you feel like you gotta know what your looking for instead of just searching around like i used to.
i normally have my cookies turned off while floating around the internet and have to turn them back on just to go back to the old format.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Reply #13
I have nothing good to say about the new format.  Period.

I'll have to look for that old format option, Vinnie mentioned.
1987 TC

Reply #14
If you hate the changes to eBay now, you're really gonna hate them in a few months. eBay has decided it wants to shake its reputation as an online flea market (you know, the one that got it to where it is today) and focus on power sellers. What this means is that there will be no more guys like you and me selling bits and baubles for these cars. No more rare books or records. No more salt shakers and teacups. No more parting out old computers for a few bucks.

Instead it'll be all power sellers from Hong Kong selling cheap shiznit at a buck apiece with $50 shipping charges. eBay wants to be the online equivalent to Wal-Mart. Even those small sellers selling used cars will be squeezed out - GM has just announced an agreement with eBay in which every "GM OPTIMUM" used car from coast to coast will be listed on eBay. Lotsa competition for the little guy - actually, lotsa "premium" ads to bury the little guy's ad so nobody sees it.

Yes, the CEO of eBay is actually on record, several times, saying "We want to weed out the small sellers and focus on powersellers. We want to go away from being an online flea market." He has also, several times, said "Fvck the smaller sellers, we will treat them like shiznit, and we hope they go away". Not in those words, of course, but not very far off them either. He has shown nothing but contempt for eBay customers (the sellers) and has responded to their outcry by dismissing it as "noise".

Grab your Fox parts while you can, folks, because if eBay's suicidal plans succeed they're gonna be a lot harder to find.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣