Skip to main content
Topic: (paintball) if it were you. (Read 1147 times) previous topic - next topic

(paintball) if it were you.

so just a little background. my brothers job is going paintballing at the beginning of next month. Me and him are paid and set to go. now i've never gone paintballing. shot them and screwed around not worried about it. the balls and gun is going to be available for us to use. but these other guys that are going from his shop all got nice equipment and trick hoppers and such.. so now im like. ok fine they want to use some nice guns. im thinking about getting an AIRSOFT gun and run the small paintballs. but what would you rather as a backup/close range gun?

A.( hand gun ) probly. a berreta used one and liked the power.
 B.(mac-11) held this one to and liked the feel but never saw it fired

first I thought a mac would be kick Azz to pull out but might be a pain to carry around. then Thought hand gun and thought smaller like Glock  or both. but both are up and over 100 with the extra clip. so help me choose. I can aford both but for something im not going to use a whole lot of. Id rather spend on a few parts I may need for the car.

thanks Erik,
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #1
Just go and have fun....don't waste money on the new equipment.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
Well technically you would never get anyone with the airsoft gun because if I recall correctly regulation paint spatter to get someone out has to be a quarter size, you would never get anyone with that.

Also hand guns suck, you wont get anyone!
One 88

Reply #3
You don't need/want a backup gun.

Is the gun you're going to use a rental from the place where you're playing paintball? In my experience, those rentals suck long and hard. Paintball is hard enough without your gun skeet-skeeting balls in random directions all over the place. I'd try and borrow a gun. However, you'll still have fun if you can't.

My experience is with outdoor arenas, where gun accuracy matters more and shot rate matters less than indoors.

Reply #4
My rental gun worked well.  You always fire a small barrage of shots and adjust your aim as you watch where they are going.

Big tip.  Put the anti-fog stuff on your mask.  I missed a great covert kill I planned cuz I couldn't see.

Reply #5
The rentals I've played with sent out balls in a random path. Out of 5, 1 would go left, 1 would go up, 1 would go down, 1 would go right, and 1 would go straight. Hard (unpossible) to adjust your aim with a spread like that. However, I've only rented about 6 different guns so my data is purely anecdotal.

Oh yeah, I second xjeffs anti-fog comment. Running around with a foggy mask ain't no fun!

Reply #6
most likely you will end up using a tipman 98 custom
decent gun, but when you start playing shoot a few rounds and watch how far they go before they fall. Once you get a slight bearing on that it will much easier to get people when they are just peeking out.

Airsoft paintballs SUCK. they mostly blow up in the gun, unless its a really shiznitty gun.
Save paint only fire when they are out.

Paintball is a BLAST but i have to sell my gun and equipment to pay for my car. Just casue you have expensive stuff, doesnt make you good.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #7
well thanks guys.  guess we will see what type of rental I get. the true ones or wacky ones. I'll have to fill you guys in. maybe i can borrow my buddys gun. so I can get use to it. 

later on fellas
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #8
I play paintball regularly.

Dont waste your money on airsoft stuff. As far as i know all paintball places around here (im in NH) dont allow airsoft equipment on the field. Probably similar rules here you are.

Unless you plan on playing often dont bother buying equipment. Just rent it. If you find you like it and are going more and more then later on buy your own equipment.

One major thing to remember while playing is that you mask does not come off or move off you face for any reason. Paintballs travel at apporx 200 mph so if it hits a eye its not pretty.