Topic: Pics of my ongoing project (Read 4124 times) previous topic - next topic

Pics of my ongoing project

Reply #30
Looks pretty nice.
What did you use for paint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #31
I used a product made by SEMS. It is a rust inhibator. It is about the same as POR15. Cost about 80 bucks a gallon. Seems to be good stuff. Not good for sunlight areas..Want to get some in the rails themselves to try and prevent any further rot. Have not found a wand yet to get in there..

Reply #32
Go to eastwood. They have them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #33
I feel sorry for you guys and all of that work. You need to buy your next car from Chicago. Then it will be as nice as mine. LOL.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #34
oh my...
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #35
Holy Hell! Wow. I hope that was just a parts car and wasnt drivin.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #36
I love that pic.
Thats when its time to give up on a car. although. if you got a few months to kill........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #37
Quote from: FLSTCI71;219892
I feel sorry for you guys and all of that work. You need to buy your next car from Chicago. Then it will be as nice as mine. LOL.

What you don't have salt up by you? :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #38
Quote from: thunderjet302;219979
What you don't have salt up by you? :hick:

Yes, we do have salt, way too much. It just seems like your salt is better though because every car I've looked at from Chicago has had way more rust than our cars. You guys must use industrial strength salt or some special extra metal-hungry formula....
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #39
sorry guys.....BUT THE BEST RUST CONDITIONED T_BIRDS AND COUGARS ARE IN ALABAMA, MISSISSIPPI, AND UPPER FLORIDA

New Pics

Reply #40
Had some time to work on the Cougar this weekend. Started by fitting some new panels for the floor pan. Thought it looked pretty good for the first time ever working with metal and welder. Check it out...

Reply #41
And some more pics

Reply #42
After fitting and getting the pieces tack welded toghether I pulled the whole piece out to coat it as well as the remainder of the inside of the floor pan. Here is what it looks like now before I weld in the piece. Still going to need additional pieces to complete this part of the project.
Daminc: I owe this part of the project to you. I watched your thread and used your technic...Thanks
That is a terrible pic. Sorry I tried to resize twice and I guess that is bad to do.....LOL.....LOL....

Reply #43
Looks like something I've seen before. LOL
Looking good. Keep up the good work
May be worth your while to get a hole punch

Let me guess. the other side is a lot better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #44
Yes the other side is alot better..LOL..LOL...LOL.. Thank GOD I do not think I could do 2.......Oh what the heck why not, any thing is possible w/a little know how and time..