Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Mercury Cougar For Sale (Price Reduced 7/6/08) (Read 3014 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Mercury Cougar For Sale (Price Reduced 7/6/08)

Reply #15
69 Cougar Eliminator. Needs work but the motor is fresh and so is the tranny. Needs some interior work and work to the floors, but the rest of the body is great. I am in a hole with this one, and need to get the 88 sold quick.

Reply #16
First $4,000 takes the car home. Any takers?

Reply #17
I hate you thats a killer new car wish i could get the 88 out of your way good luck on the new project car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

88 Cougar

Reply #18
Thanks...The project is going to come to a stop before i get started if i do not get this car sold. I can not believe there is not anyone out there who wants to pick up a nice 88 for cheap compared  to what it would cost them to build one after they pick one up for a grand. It's amazing. Hey you could always borrow the money!!!! HA HA

Reply #19
do you have compression numbers.  My thoughts are there are reasons the back tires are worse off than the front.  Im sure its a fun car to drive it would be nice to have the compression numbers to go along with the transmission issue.

Reply #20
I do not have the compression right off hand, but could get them if you are really interested. I got the tires and wheels off a buddy of mine and thats the shape i got them in. It is a fun car to drive but i do not beat on it. It has a lot of power and needs a new home. The tranny has been like that since i put it in so i did not happen after the fact. I noticed it in the first time i took it out. I have a good c-4 on the table at home but was talked in to putting this one in by my cousin who gave it to me, and it ended up being bad. I thought it might be a vacspooge issue but have not checked it out. Tranny shop said to tighten the bands but have not had the time. I was just going to put the other tranny in and call it a day, rather than messing with the one that is in it. It is barely noticeable but needs fixed. Are you interested in the car? I will get the compression just let me know if your interested?

Reply #21
Come one now, no takers!!!!

Reply #22
this car looks like a good turn key system for fun and daily use.  Im going to back off because for my situation, i think it would be a build i would end up taking to efi anyway so there would be many nice parts not getting used.  Many of you are carb guys and this one is pretty much all done.

my only thoughts are the fuel cell would neet to go and get a regular tank in there to make it a long range vehicle for a periodic trip if need be.

Reply #23
16 gallon fuel cell, and i would not hesitate to drive with the carb like i would an EFI motor. I drove this from Youngstown to Toledo on the Turnpike and it ran great. (2 1/2 hour trip and back) Never over heated and never had any hick ups with the motor or carb. Just to let you know as well.

Reply #24
That's a nice kitty. Ohio, huh? What's it get for gas mileage? LOL

Reply #25
PM sent

Cougar

Reply #26
Car still for sale!!!!

Reply #27
Still for sale!!  I will even install the good C-4 so there in nothing wrong when it is picked up!!

Reply #28
Still For sale!!!

Reply #29
Still For sale!!