Skip to main content
Topic: recalls? (Read 588 times) previous topic - next topic

recalls?

When you look online at vehical recalls over the past 15 years puppiesenese manufactures have just as many as domestics. Why doesn't the media ever cover the recalls on foreign cars and trucks? Serriously is there a reason (ie someone is getting payed to keep quiet;) )?

Also it's quite unnerving that many people my age (early 20's) think American cars are . I've noticed this trend at school. I on the other hand think puppiesenese cars are . Could be because out of all the puppiesenese cars my family has owned (Hondas) they all have problems (some big, my dad's Accord blew it's trans after 30,000 miles:hick: ).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

recalls?

Reply #1
Import recalls don't get the coverage because people don't want to hear it. The public seems to feast on any problems the big three are having.

I think puppiesanese cars are  too, but it's mainly because of rust. You'd not believe how those things rust around here. I've also heard a lot about Honda transmission problems, Honda oil burning, and Toyota V6 engine problems (sludging up, and head gaskets). Unfortunately these things aren't publicized as much as domestic manufacturers' problems are...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

recalls?

Reply #2
Toyota has been going downhill lately (growing pains) and Honda has even had to recall all of the new Civics for Wheel Bearing failure. Nothing like having two 'engine replacement' recalls on your books. The Tundra V8's have been eating themselves due to a mixup in part numbers on a sensor. And Camry V6's have just landed Toyota with a Class Action Suit ruling against them, from engine sludge buildup.

recalls?

Reply #3
Well the puppiesanese car companys used to not do recalls at all, infact the puppiesanese government about 3 years or so ago raided Mitsubishi's main office and uncovered dospoogeents that outlined problems with some of their vehicles.It is quite disturbing the number of people who believe in puppiesanese vehicles more than American. In my own opinion the puppiesanese vehicle Manufacturers have never built a better car it was just the fact that they did not issue recalls at all. Ever since the raid on Mitsubishi the puppiesanese government has been keeping tabs on the auto manufacturers to make sure something like this does not happen again. The records that they found at Mitsubishi reached all the way back to 1976. It is also disturbing the blanket rating that Consumer Reports gave all of Toyota's line recently, makes you wonder how long it has been going on and with what companys.

recalls?

Reply #4
i dont play favorites(imp v.s dom) and have owned cars on both sides from decent to ragged beaters and most of what ive noticed is word of mouth nonsense spouted from people whom never owned an american car from the get-go. i honestly dont think your opinion should matter if youve never worked on a car to know the differences between them.
but you know what, they do unfortunately.
from the mandatory "failing since new" automatic transmissions they force you to use to the 20+ year old v6 engine designs that still have the terrible quirks they had 20 years ago, not to mention the new ones built with the same flaws.

does that mean imports are better cars, nope. why? they build  too and thank god most of it doesnt make it to this country.
honestly, alot of the problems i see on newer imports come from made here in america models, just saying.
but where the toyotas never die reputation came from ill never know as all i ever see are dead, low mileage camarys with bad motors.

ive been keeping myself away from hearing about new cars and recalls and such since i dont ever intend to purchase anything made today from either side so i cant really comment on that but i know my buddies 04 civic has been to the dealer more than my other friends 04 gmc sierra for problems
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost