Skip to main content
Topic: Blasphemy (Read 2237 times) previous topic - next topic

Blasphemy

I am in the process of massaging the body on my 71 VW convertible to accommodate the motor out of a totaled 83.5 turbo coupe I parted out on this site. Thank you to all the guys that helped get that wreck and the good stuff out of the yard. The back (or front in my case) of the motor is real close to the rear deck in my car and I have cut away some metal to get it to fit for now. 4 lines pass around the back (or front in my case) of the motor, 2 oil cooler lines, 1 EGR and the oil supply to the turbo. I plan on enclosing the rear deck and want to repipe the oil cooler lines. I have read on another off road site that I can and cannot disconnect the EGR.........Whats the real word? The turbo oil line will clear as it is so small. Thanks for the help........

Blasphemy

Reply #1
I'd like to see more pics of this. Looks like a really interesting project. What is holding that engine up in the bottom pic?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Blasphemy

Reply #2
For now the engine is hanging on the tranny, as I progress I plan on a trapeze across the back (front) of the engine tied to the top of the block and side mounts tied to the orginal motor mount locations on the block.

Blasphemy

Reply #3
Props man!!!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Blasphemy

Reply #4
Quote from: daboss351;199314
Props man!!!!

???

Blasphemy

Reply #5
im giving your props on your project, in other words a big huge thumbs up!!
Awesome project wish you the best of luck with it!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Blasphemy

Reply #7
I believe you do not but someone with more knowledge should be able to tell you better
my $300 beater ;)

Blasphemy

Reply #8
The only thing the EGR does is to help get better gas milage.  If you can't make it fit then don't worry about it.  Block off where it goes and you'd be fine.  If you need to worry about gas mileage then keep it and hook it up properly.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Blasphemy

Reply #9
Quote from: kcnaz;199315
???

Props is slang for Propers, which is slang for Proper Respect.

Blasphemy

Reply #10
Blocking off the EGR is one of the first mods most guys in non-emissions areas of the US do. Block it off, you'll be fine.

Blasphemy

Reply #11
Thank you, thank you.
Oh and I'll be back.........

Blasphemy

Reply #12
What are you using for engine management?  Removing the EGR does nothing for performance, but that's ok.  The ECU is calibrated for it being in place when it's "supposed" to be used. 

http://www.turboford.net  Try here....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Blasphemy

Reply #14
bus trans...good call. What a cool project, I would like to see more pics of this project.
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....