Skip to main content
Topic: General progress and misc convo (no post whoring!) (Read 1946 times) previous topic - next topic

General progress and misc convo (no post whoring!)

Reply #15
deng matt, i can see the same face in the reflection as the smiley in your post! lol, howd that happen?  someone couldnt park or get side swiped?  i got side swiped by some hick with a trailor, only the trailor caught me and it pulled back my door trim and i lost my dirverside mirror.

hey guys, im about to start selling some hotwheels and other lil cars on fleabay, im ganna group them together in batches by either era, year, make, model etc.  im not 100% sure of what all i have to sell,  but if i find some with factory defects thats ganna go by itself.  how do you calculate shipping and whats the rate for posting an auction.  i heard it was 3.50 or so per item(s).  i plan on using paypal for money transfers and the ebay shipping.  the thing is i might sell more cars than could fit in a flat rate box at a time, and i plan on selling at least 2 things that weigh about 15lbs.

http://news.windingroad.com/etc/the-auto-mounting-tire/  check this video out found it on another forum.  they were being dumb thinking like ricers so i had to set them straight, i dont think i'd be this condescending here.  i have more respect for you guys.

err uhh... the reason the car didnt fall down on the rearend housing or possibly the brake assembly is b/c he didnt lose the wheel, he lost his right rear axle. its a straight axle rearend (mostly by rules, IRS and mcphearson struts are not allowed in any class) so what REALLY happened was when he hit the rear of the other car with the axle, he most likely broke a C-clip inside the chunk and then it started to wobble itself out, miraculously it didnt come all the way out and since he steered to the right and its also up the banking the axle wiggled itself back inside the housing. its a miracle that the axle/wheel didnt come completely off b/c thats a spear with a blunt object on the end of it that likes to tumble for quite a while. i've seen this before, not like that, but i've seen guys come in and get mad and pull the whole thing out and throw it in the back of a truck only to put it back on to load it on the trailor after a beer or 2.

def a priceless moment caught on film though. i would have gotten a copy of that video if that was me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #16
My dumbass friend was backing out of the garage at 6:00 in the morning to go to work and he side swiped my car with his Durango. I got a text and he's like "My bad I thought I missed it." Dumbass. :slap: So I spent half my Christmas vacation getting estimates and settling with his insurance. I got 1480 for it, but I wanna paint the whole car so i'm waiting till my pell gets in.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #17
That mark looks in great shape. are you fixing it or having it fixed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

progress?

Reply #18
I just got a new FMS shift .  It's a little bigger than the OEM piece, covered in a nice leatherish something, and for better or worse, it's got that big button on top so I don't forget the shift pattern.  Same size threads but but different count, so you might have do something to make it seat in the proper position.  I'm leaning towards getting another for the other car, because bare plastic s blow and the price is nice.

Subframe connectors, powdercoated and primed.  Just need to arrange getting the welding done, torque boxes, spuds (or whatever you call them) for the rear IRS mounts, and the SFCs.  That should be it.

Then, of course, this is almost ready ...

#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
Quote from: t3skidoo;198956

Then, of course, this is almost ready ...

ah, takin the Haulsee approach i see. i was wondering if we would see any updates on this project over here.

oh, and i wouldnt waste money powder coating SFCs before welding. you will hafta sand the immediate area of the weld, and then welding will burn off most of the rest of your PC anyhow....
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #20
Originally posted by daminc:
That mark looks in great shape. are you fixing it or having it fixed?

Thanks, naw I'm gonna have the work done. I can do just about anything, but not bodywork. :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #21
working on passing emmisions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #22
Ya, I figured the welding would botch the finish on the SFCs a bit, but the PCing was cheap and (I hope) better than nothing.

I managed to get a 2nd head for a decent price, figured that now would be a good time to try it.

Here's what I did today.  It's just a first draft since I'm not much of an electrician.  This definitely is a small thing in keeping with the theme of the thread.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #23
Working on exhaust and a custom cowl induction hood on my truck lol. Gonna relocate the tailgate handle, paint the bed, tailgate and rollpan soon.

Car is getting full exhaust soon, and soon painting my TC Hood. Hopefully I am selling my 55 Willys Sedan soon, so some Cobra R's or 5 lug is on the way. Then a nice rebuild, or suspension work.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #24
Climbing the walls because I've been without my 'Bird for three-and-a-half months now. I stopped in last week and the body work was done and they were primering it. I didn't ask for it, but they said they would primer it twice, sanding the entire car after each coat. Then it would be on to paint+clearcoat, trim painting, and I presume putting it back together (they took the entire nose and rear bumper off, plus all the window trim, door handles, emblems, and trunk lock -- basically everything except the door belt moulding). Hopefully it won't be much longer now, but I'm in deep withdrawal.

The first thing I have to do when I get it back is to get it inspected. Then I have to order four tires for the snowflakes I had refinished, and then it will finally be done...

(yeah, right. Our cars are never truly done :D )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #25
glad those snowflakes turned out good for you!
my car is at a stand still
its sitting outside on jackstands with the rear wheels under it waiting for a brake line, lers and tailpipes. Might just be parting it soon if i can get 1500 for a new one.... The rot is to much on my car
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #26
When I did my subframe connectors, I painted them black, then ground down the weld areas, and after I was done I liberally coated the entire area with undercoating. Seems to be holding up pretty well now, over a year later.

Anyway I'm not doing much of anything on my car right now, obviously, since it's covered and sitting on jackstands at my dad's house.

When spring rolls around, I am (at the moment) planning to go through the entire suspension because all the squeaking and rattling it does drives me insane.

I have a set of low-mileage front control arms I'm swapping on, along with probably some Fox Mustang shocks & struts (still trying to figure out what brand)...also need to fix a screwed up tie rod that I only just found when I was putting the car away back in November. Still debating whether I want to buy some CHE rear arms (maybe just lowers only for time being, I dunno). Car will also need new tires soon.

And, I also need to do the valve stem seals which will be lots of fun...and I'm thinking about going to standalone.

The body really needs some attention, clearcoat is peeling, and there is some body damage that needs fixed (quarter panel needs pulled out and needs a new door). I'm afraid of what it'd cost to have that done + new paint. I might see about getting the body damage fixed, though, because it's driving me nuts anymore. Thinking about trying a temporary fix on the clearcoat too. We'll see I guess.

That's about it. :dunno:

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip