Skip to main content
Topic: Volvo FMIC (Read 1223 times) previous topic - next topic

Volvo FMIC

I tried to buy a Volvo IC from turbo88 in November, but my parents didn't let it go down because I didn't have a job at the time.  But, as I expected, come Christmas there sat a Volvo IC and Stinger's piping kit.  I headed to the local JY soon after and picked up a radiator out of a Mazda B2000.  After altering my fans a tad, I got it together today.  Honestly, I'm more excited about how it looks than how it performs.  At 10psi I can't tell much of a difference at all.  But at 18psi there is quite an extra kick.  But like I said, I just think it looks BA.  You can see I had to cut the pipe going from the IC to the intake because I chose not to put it in the very nose of the car, instead I put it where the radiator would normally sit.  I also had to shorten the other pipe.  Most everything else fit pretty good.  I had to slightly shorten both antifreeze hoses but was able to use the originals.  With the fans moved closer to the motor, I ran out of room for the stock antifreeze reservoir.  At this point it is a contact solution bottle lol.  I plan to switch to a normal one eventually (of course) and also a single fan.  I'm going to make a brushed aluminum shroud in shop class, I'll post up when that is done.  Enjoy the pictures!

Volvo FMIC

Reply #1
looks nice

Watch that intercooler with higher boost levels they have a tendency to seperate at the tanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Volvo FMIC

Reply #2
is that hose kinked u may need to shortin it a bit
also how does the temp run i mean it does have to go through the condensor,ic, then the rad .but it lloks good any how
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Volvo FMIC

Reply #3
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.  Granted, I almost never dip into the boost and my Stage 1 setting is on 10psi.  I appreciate the advice though!

Yes, the hose is slightly kinked.  It doesn't seem to cause any problems but it could be holding back some power I suppose.

And the temp hasn't been any hotter than it has been since I got the car.  It is important, however, to consider that today's high was 25.

Volvo FMIC

Reply #4
It is important, however, to consider that today's high was 25.

hahaha yea i didnt think of that since i live florida
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Volvo FMIC

Reply #5
If you are worried about heating problems then come up to ND, our high till about Tuesday is -5, low is about -25!! lol

Looks bad ass.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Volvo FMIC

Reply #6
Quote from: xr7cat;198864
If you are worried about heating problems then come up to ND, our high till about Tuesday is -5, low is about -25!! lol

Looks bad ass.

My car would love that temp..GTPs get toasty lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout: