Skip to main content
Topic: 88 T-Bird rotor question (Read 1340 times) previous topic - next topic

88 T-Bird rotor question

When I went to auozone they asked if my car had ABS or not since I don't drive the car I wasn't sure and the ABS rotors were way more expensive. But when I asked a guy on ebay if his were for ABS or non he said it didn't matter. So... does it?

88 T-Bird rotor question

Reply #1
ABS rotors have a reluctor ring on the backside for the magnetic sensor. that's the only difference.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

88 T-Bird rotor question

Reply #2
can I buy those separately or use the ones off the rotors that are on the car? What are the odds of the reluctor rings being bad?

88 T-Bird rotor question

Reply #3
If you have a turbo coupe(turbo 4cyl) then you have abs if it's a v6-v8 car you do not,it's that simple.
Parts stores are stupid that way, they ask you about options that are not even available on your model or year.

88 T-Bird rotor question

Reply #4
No the ABS rotors will not work on a std system as they are larger...

88 T-Bird rotor question

Reply #6
Quote from: JoeNoble;197612
So if the rotors on ebay say they'll fit the turbo 4 cylinder then they'll fit? ok thanks guys.

Only if '86-earlier... The '87-'88 Turbo Coupes have ABS and 11" rotors vs all other Bird's with 10"...

88 T-Bird rotor question

Reply #8
The rotors I mentioned in your other thread arrived today. They are identical to my 88 TC rotors in every way including the ABS ring. Not bad for right at 107 bux shipped for both.
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car