Skip to main content
Topic: FTCF Military Members? (Read 7467 times) previous topic - next topic

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #45
Alex, I will get even with you for burning my retinas with that picture, LOL!:beatyoass:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #46
Quote from: jcassity;196842
Aerobird,, go back and read,, bottom right hand corner will do sir. (attention to detail,,:D )
No, your wrong and inexperienced.  The Nat'l defense would would have been bestowed on you no matter what. Your command just wanted to make it look like they were giving you something.  EVERYONE in bootcamp on up serving would have gotten the nat'l defence and they did.
My opening statement said "dont take this wrong" but i guess you did.
I work in Bellingham all the time,, got any beer?

Carl , go back and read. (attention to detail,,:D )
I did not say i was retired
I did not ask anyone to post thier dd214

tbirdsps
No im not retired and yes i was in iraq again working with the very people you mention and going out on route clearance missions with them in the buffalo, rg31, MeerKat, Cougar and Huskey.  I know all about IED's up close and personal including getting blown up.

and in close,, i wasnt busting on anyone.

I wasn't sure since I've been gone from the Navy for 10 years now.  There was a time in the mid-90's that early retirement was offered to those first class and chiefs with as little as 15 years.  My only point was that medical retirement does exist.

I am happy that I've never had to get up close and personal with an IED or bullets shot at me.  Launching jets from the pointy end was as close as I got.  Although I've been way to close to crashing jets!
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #47
Cool,, I did flight deck time myself

USS CORAL SEA
USS FORESTAL
USS JOHN F KENNEDY
USS GEORGE WASHINGTON.

Btw,, i got a phone call today stating if i get one more point in additon to the two i have,, IM BANNED,,:D 

ANYHOO<,, im heading out to the garage, Napa got my Control Arm bushings right this time and im going to attempt it.

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #48
United States Marine Corps
02July1990 - 01July1994
1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade
Brigade Service Support Group 1
Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

SEMPER FI !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #49
Quote from: V8Demon;196992
Alex, I will get even with you for burning my retinas with that picture, LOL!:beatyoass:
Oh come on, bodybuilding is an art, they worked hard to get asses like that, have some appreciation..

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #50
Quote from: Carl;196761
http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFI36-3212.pdf (this is publicly available info as it is a site open to the public. Don't worry about some kind of terrorist gaining anything from this or some other intelligence worries..)

I don't know what's been taken down, but my $0.02: it's good to be cognizant of sensitivity of information, even though it sometimes makes us a little paranoid. In the defense industry we get trained to hell and gone about how adversaries can piece together disparate, publicly available information to arrive at conclusions that we would prefer they not know. I don't even like mentioning what I work on (even though it's very, very public) just because it makes me a potential target for information. If we sound paranoid at times, it's because there really are bad people out there who mean us harm.

(no, I'm not a veteran -- but I help make some of their gear :evilgrin: )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #51
Quote from: Quietleaf;197096
I don't know what's been taken down, but my $0.02: it's good to be cognizant of sensitivity of information, even though it sometimes makes us a little paranoid. In the defense industry we get trained to hell and gone about how adversaries can piece together disparate, publicly available information to arrive at conclusions that we would prefer they not know. I don't even like mentioning what I work on (even though it's very, very public) just because it makes me a potential target for information. If we sound paranoid at times, it's because there really are bad people out there who mean us harm.

(no, I'm not a veteran -- but I help make some of their gear :evilgrin: )

I know all about that stuff. What I was sharing had no risk to national security. Now I dunno about Aerobird.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #52
Carl , go back and read. (attention to detail,,:D )
I did not say i was retired
I did not ask anyone to post thier dd214

come on man... I do paperwork for a living in my new career field and I have to pay attention to detail every day.

You did not retire. Hope you dont take the wrong but when you say you retired,, and did not,, that takes something away from those who really did.

Ok, I assumed you were retired. How else could you properly claim how Aerobird's statement takes anything away from anyone who has retired?

Just the bottom right hand corner of your dd214 will do sir.

If you did not ask him to show his 214 then what does that mean? Apparently he thought the same thing if he posted it...

I am not really going to argue about it anymore you are a cool guy jcassity but I dunno why you posted all that..
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #53
Quote from: Quietleaf;197096
In the defense industry we get trained to hell and gone about how adversaries can piece together disparate, publicly available information to arrive at conclusions that we would prefer they not know.

In Risk Management, we call that situation,,,, "UNKNOWN KNOWNS"

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #54
Heck,, i just want my two darn points back.  One more and im outta here.:beatyoass: :D :hick:

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #55
I got in, went over there,:macgun:  got hurt, :brick: now I am out.......and happier.:banana:

No regrets though.

Brian

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #56
Quote from: Weasle;197036
United States Marine Corps
02July1990 - 01July1994
1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade
Brigade Service Support Group 1
Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

SEMPER FI !!!

I thought the Marines had a minimum height requirement. :hick: :shakeass:
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #57
Brian,
What branch were you in? I'm keeping a list on Post #1 ;)

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #58
Actually,I'm not retired,just honorably discharged.I signed up for 4 years,and ended up doing 5 because my Uncle Sam put a "Stop Loss" on the military meaning that critical career fields could not get out until released,even if it was time for their discharge.I went to the Persian Gulf for 14 months.I made E-5,Staff Seargent,and I'm proud I did my part for my Country.I was Air Force.When I got back,I was a patrolman here in town (police afficer for those who use that term) for 2 years and now I work at the Veteran's Center here and have been here for 14 years.My military time applies for retirement.I'd be glad to help out if Uncle sam calls me,but,I turned 40 (although,I look MUCH younger),I believe I'm past the call back list.LOL.No regrets about any of it.Some of it sucked,especially in the Gulf,but,as i said,no regrest.I'm 40,Veteran od a Foreign War,able to retire in another year (I'm not going to),and feeling pretty darned good and healthy.There.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #59
Nice career choices Vinnie! I'm trying to get into a work study program through the VA at the VFW helping them with their VA stuff.