Skip to main content
Topic: FTCF Military Members? (Read 7462 times) previous topic - next topic

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #15
76-80 THE ship Numnutz,Flight deck, ABH.I sort of miss it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #16
Quote from: JeremyB;196714
Can you explain to us what is required to be medically retired versus a medical discharge or severance?

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFI36-3212.pdf (this is publicly available info as it is a site open to the public. Don't worry about some kind of terrorist gaining anything from this or some other intelligence worries..)

There you go, have a read.

It is so expansive it's almost impossible to explain every case.

Each case is looked through and determined but it boils down to these questions...

Is the disability a result of Service?

Was it something that the member had before joining that got worse with service?

Does the member have the option of continued service?

If it is something that will continue to get worse as the years pass and was caused by duty then it's could very well turn into a retirement.

If it is a wound or condition that is not deemed to progressively get worse then its probably going to be a discharge. Unless its combat related that can get expansive.

But this is decided by a panel of people who ultimately tell the member what the decision is and why they made it.

Most times a discharged member who gets a lump sum (Severance Pay) can go to the local VA Center and end up getting support from them as well. This is ranked on a percentage scale depending on the severity of the illness or injury.

I hope I covered that enough but if you have any questions let me know.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #17
US Army 1995 - 2007
Ft. Jackson, SC (Basic)
Ft. Knox, KY (Ait)
Ft. Benning, GA (Jump School)
Ft. Bragg, NC (Airborne mechanic - Sheridan tank :headbang:  )
Camp Garry Owen, Korea ( M1 Abrams Mechanic)
Ft. Carson, CO (M1 Abrams Mechanic)
Ft. Hood, TX (Maintenance Team Chief)
Kuwait two times (Operation Enduring Freedom)
Operation Iraqi Freedom 2 and 4

yeah i've been around a little...no?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #18
Quote from: JeremyB;196714
Can you explain to us what is required to be medically retired versus a medical discharge or severance?

Easy.

Medical Discharge - The government no longer requires your service, and you are free to go, you get no money and no benefits. Used for things like pregnancies. Just like a regular discharge, just for medical reasons. Chronically sea-sick guys get these from the Coast Guard and Navy all of the time. No benefits, same as a general/UHC/honorable discharge.

Severance - Next step up, now it's you're being discharged and get 10% of a year's pay to offset some costs. Used for temporary injury (fell off of a ladder, broke some things, they'll heal you up and let you go). No benefits, same as a general/UHC/honorable discharge.

Medically Retired - Highest level, this is for PERMANENT injuries only. Guys that take IED explosions or shrapnel, amputees, any other permanent injury. You get full health benefits for life. Also a certain percentage of your pay based on your disability (the #'s do not co-inside, so 40% disabled does not equal 40% pay).

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #20
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;196765
Easy.

Medical Discharge - The government no longer requires your service, and you are free to go, you get no money and no benefits. Used for things like pregnancies. Just like a regular discharge, just for medical reasons. Chronically sea-sick guys get these from the Coast Guard and Navy all of the time. No benefits, same as a general/UHC/honorable discharge.

Severance - Next step up, now it's you're being discharged and get 10% of a year's pay to offset some costs. Used for temporary injury (fell off of a ladder, broke some things, they'll heal you up and let you go). No benefits, same as a general/UHC/honorable discharge.

Medically Retired - Highest level, this is for PERMANENT injuries only. Guys that take IED explosions or shrapnel, amputees, any other permanent injury. You get full health benefits for life. Also a certain percentage of your pay based on your disability (the #'s do not co-inside, so 40% disabled does not equal 40% pay).

Exactly. Although with pregnancy the member has the option of being released into and inactive status or discharged entirely. If they are released it's easier to get back in later if they chose to do so.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #21
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;196767
slicksport, I owe you a beer!

And I gladly accept that beer. Samuel Adams if you don't mind. Next round is on me.
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #22
Quote from: slicksport88;196784
And I gladly accept that beer. Samuel Adams if you don't mind. Next round is on me.

Make it a Samuel Jackson. :hick:

lol! MMMMM MMMM !

A SHARK ATE ME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXIB7y8_rbU
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #23
If you ever make it to the WA/OR area, done deal (or if I go to Texas).

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #24
D co. 3/327th 101st Airborne (Air Assault)

11H E9   

1989-1991

Operation Desert Shield/Storm

Nothing Follows  (lol)
1987 TC

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #25
Aerobird,, go back and read,, bottom right hand corner will do sir. (attention to detail,,:D )
No, your wrong and inexperienced.  The Nat'l defense would would have been bestowed on you no matter what. Your command just wanted to make it look like they were giving you something.  EVERYONE in bootcamp on up serving would have gotten the nat'l defence and they did.
My opening statement said "dont take this wrong" but i guess you did.
I work in Bellingham all the time,, got any beer?

Carl , go back and read. (attention to detail,,:D )
I did not say i was retired
I did not ask anyone to post thier dd214

tbirdsps
No im not retired and yes i was in iraq again working with the very people you mention and going out on route clearance missions with them in the buffalo, rg31, MeerKat, Cougar and Huskey.  I know all about IED's up close and personal including getting blown up.

and in close,, i wasnt busting on anyone.

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #26
Here we have a typical FTBCF thread as of late.  Someone starts a random thread (while causing problems in other parts of the forum) and someone else comes and shiznits on it. 

Screw you both.

Take a  chill pill and quit fighting each other.  I couldn't care less how ABM got discharged or retired or what the fvck ever and I bet no one else here does either.  Talk about it again and I'm sure this thread will be locked just as quick as ABM's hating threads.

Do either one of you remember how it was a year ago here?  Two years ago?  How none of you jumped down each others throats?  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that its not an option that you do.  Remember it and start acting that way again.
One 88

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #27
I seem to remember passing along route Cougar at some point when i was over there.We were based at a patrol base in Samarra, but we were passed out like playing cards by the 3rd ID.

LOL it wasnt too fun.  "Why are we driving to Baghdad/Tikrit/Falluja/ect ect ect this time?"
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #28
Quote from: slicksport88;196762
US Army 1995 - 2007
Ft. Jackson, SC (Basic)
Ft. Knox, KY (Ait)
Ft. Benning, GA (Jump School)
Ft. Bragg, NC (Airborne mechanic - Sheridan tank :headbang:  )
Camp Garry Owen, Korea ( M1 Abrams Mechanic)
Ft. Carson, CO (M1 Abrams Mechanic)
Ft. Hood, TX (Maintenance Team Chief)
Kuwait two times (Operation Enduring Freedom)
Operation Iraqi Freedom 2 and 4

yeah i've been around a little...no?

Hmm, what year(s) were you at Carson? My ex was stationed there (for what little time he served :rolleyes: ) in 94/95.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

FTCF Military Members?

Reply #29
Quote from: Birdman;196852
I seem to remember passing along route Cougar at some point when i was over there.We were based at a patrol base in Samarra, but we were passed out like playing cards by the 3rd ID.

LOL it wasnt too fun.  "Why are we driving to Baghdad/Tikrit/Falluja/ect ect ect this time?"

Hey Birdman, you were pretty close to me then in 2006-2007. I was based out of FOB Brassfield-Mora. I was with 3-8 CAV who at the time was attached to the 82nd airborne guys.

Quote from: LittleAngel1198;196860
Hmm, what year(s) were you at Carson? My ex was stationed there (for what little time he served :rolleyes: ) in 94/95.

I was stationed there from June 1998 to September 1999.