Skip to main content
Topic: For sale: 1988 Cougar LS (Read 898 times) previous topic - next topic

For sale: 1988 Cougar LS

Due to storage issues that will be upon me sooner or later, I need to move my 1988 Cougar LS.  It has the 3.8 liter V6.

It has 106,00 miles, runs very well, looks great and has an interior that is in phenomenal condition.  I am not a mechanic, so I won't be able to provide a lot of intricate detail, but I'll do what I can.

This is a well-optioned car, with power windows, power driver's seat and the like.  Everything works.

The Cougar has a slow fluid leak that I think may be from the transmission, but I'm not really sure.

On each side, just in front of the rear wheelwell, small spots of rust appear to be bubbling under the paint.  It was originally purchased in New Jersey, but has been in the North Texas area for several years.

I am not under any immediate pressure to sell the car, and I am hoping for it to land in the hands of someone who will preserve it.  Asking $1500.00.

I will do my best to answer any questions, so fire away.  Thanks for looking.

Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Reply #1
V8 or V6?

I just saw your craigslist ad.  V6.

Reply #2
Quote from: xjeffs;196187
V8 or V6?

I just saw your craigslist ad.  V6.

Thanks for the reminder.  I have now edited my listing.
Robert

Reply #3
ttt
Robert

Reply #5
if i had a way to get it....i would!  good looking car, bump!

Reply #6
it's muh clone... kinda.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #7
Has the driver's side quarter panel been painted? The smoke gray doesn't really match the door and fender.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
I wish I had $1500.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #9
The entire car was painted at some point and the paint is consistent.  I think that the non-matching that Thunderjet noted is the camera playing tricks on us.

I have now dropped the price to $1200.00.
Robert

Reply #10
I am selling an 88 cougar. built 302 Check out my listing in the for sale section.

Reply #11
I have got 6,500 and its priced at 4,500

Reply #12
Hijacking my thread is not cool.  (Thanks to the moderator for removing the highjacker's posts.)
Robert

Reply #13
Yeah HartBreakr that's pretty lame.  It's posted in the sale section.  Let that speak for itself.

edit - thanks mods for deleting the posts.

Reply #14
The Cougar has been sold to an old accountant who seemed like the type to take care of it.  Thanks to those who expressed interest.
Robert