Skip to main content
Topic: My 1987 Thunderbird 3.8 V6 (Read 6292 times) previous topic - next topic

My 1987 Thunderbird 3.8 V6

Reply #15
Quote from: Tbird232ci;195202
Bellhousing? Don't you mean transmission pan?

No I mean the bellhousing. He said bellhousing! :hick:  Nah you got that weep hole there so if you got a rear main seal leak, the  comes outta there and soaks the bellhousing. D'oh!!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #16
Thanks for all your comments! :) I'm really glad you like my :birdsmily:
I really like to drive the Thunderbird and hope to keep it for my for my grandkids maybe? :) That fill be a far future for sure :D

Here's one more pics with floor mats I'm using when the weather is nice.

Reply #17
Quote from: Tbird232ci;195202
Bellhousing? Don't you mean transmission pan?

Hahaha... it sepends on what leaks. In my '75 Granada fuel tank is sometimes covered with tranny fluid from the C4. I'm planning to work on it... since year 2002? :D

Reply #18
Nice bird, you don't see a lot of red on red cars.

I always wondered what my car would look like red.
Now I know. (more or less)

I also like the license plate extension in the back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #19
Speaking of license plates I REALLY like how you did the front one. That looks sooooo much better than the tacky bracket that fails because these bumpers come to a point. Hence why mine uh......"fell off" :hick: :evilgrin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #20
Very nice Tbird...definitely seems to stand out among all the other cars on the road there!

Reply #22
Looks clean inside and out only thing i would add is some rims other than that is one of the nicest V6s ever and looks like a nice car to drive and to fix up a little only if you wanted to add aftermarket stuff.

Welcome and very nice clean ride and since its shipped across the sea its got to be a super rare car over there.

BTW nice video and the music works well with it added some more class to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #23
Haven't seen any European aftermakret wheels I'd like to have :( Think you have more choice in US. The only Ford alloy rims I can imagine on my T-bird are those Mustang GT (I guess) turbines, but they are hard to find here.

Here's a pic of my T-bird and '85 Town Car limo :)

Reply #24
i like the way the car looks with those wheels, makes it look real mean
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #25
Nice car, I like the Granada too.
Got any pics of that one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #26
Nice looking cars. When you had the Town Car shipped over, I sure hope you didn't have to pay by the pound....
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #27
Quote from: daminc;222772
Nice car, I like the Granada too.
Got any pics of that one?

I thought I've already posted some pics of my Granadas, but I haven't. So, here they are :)

1975 Granada Ghia (my first car), 250CID I6 with C4, it has P/S (I  haven't fixed it yet). It was in really bad condition when I bought it. Oil pressure light was disconnected, when I connected it the light was blinking. Three cylinders were badly worn out, so running on 20W50 oil I had to wire brush fouled spark plugs every 300 miles. Now after 7 years of working on my Granada I rebuilt the engine myself in 2003, fixed brakes two years ago (master cylinder was leaking inside the car), replaced most front suspension components, painted some parts etc. It's a long list... It will be perfect if I'll find a donor car with perfect doors, quarter panels and right fender to replace them and than I'll paint a whole car - maybe in the future :) Granada was ordered in Detroit area and sold after 3 years to a guy who worked in US and wanted to come back to Poland. I still have orginal customs declarations. Customs duty for Granada in 1978 was 2 times more than a brand new domestic car, a Fiat 125p. Even having some dents people often choose it as a wedding car. That's why I got the Town Car as they also often asked me if I know someone who has a boxy limo :D

1977 Granada Coupe, 200CID I6 teamed with Tremec 171F (I heard that this tranny is worth more than whole car, it it possible?). I bought it in 2006 pretty cheap. The guy who sold it couldn't find a clutch set that will work so it was "driveable" with custom fit clutch set which was slipping really badly. My friend who works in AutoZone in MI area, found a clutch set for $100 and it's back on road now! Needs a replacement of master cylinder and some other little parts. It has 90% orginal paint. Manual tranny and no power steering makes it hard to drive in the city. It was ordered for export to a Scandinavian country, probably Sweden. That's why it has the smalest possible engine and manual tranny.

And a fresh pic of my T-bird with Cougar chrome mirrors I installed lately.

Reply #28
Quote from: FLSTCI71;222800
Nice looking cars. When you had the Town Car shipped over, I sure hope you didn't have to pay by the pound....

I bought the Town Car in the Netherlands, so I drove it home myself. It was 15 hours of fun driving it 750 miles thru the Netherlands, Germany and half of Poland. It was great to finally see the Europe with no borders, just like passing another States :)

The guy I bought it from, was second owner (from 1990). He said that it had 6000 miles when he bought it.

Here's a pic I took on German Autobahn after 1/4 of my trip. 47km from Wolfsburg a home town of VW.

Reply #29
Quote from: daboss351;222767
i like the way the car looks with those wheels, makes it look real mean

Thanks, I'll problably stick to those wheels. I have 10 of them :D