Skip to main content
Topic: some recovery pix (Read 5646 times) previous topic - next topic

some recovery pix

Reply #30
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a viper I the bone yard
Nor a 93 cobra

some recovery pix

Reply #31
where I live you most certainly won't.  I did find a 1983 or 84 turbo coupe, though.
1987 TC

some recovery pix

Reply #32
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;198709
Hit it so hard it turned into a Chevy/GMC ;)

An 18-wheeler can be just as effective as a train, as the unfortunate driver of this Mazda found out the hard way:

If i remember correctly, you know this too, or at least i have heard about you crashing into an 18 wheeler....you have a lot of luck.
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

some recovery pix

Reply #33
Yes, you remember correctly, though my Cougar didn't suffer quite so much damage:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

some recovery pix

Reply #34
ouch!!!

All that damage, and the drivers mirror looks ok. go figure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

some recovery pix

Reply #35
So was the hood and right fender. The only two panels on the car not bent. God I kick myself for wrecking that car - it had 80k miles on it and was a low option 5.0 car (A/C, power windows and mirrors but no cruise control or power seats or locks). And it looked SO ED HOT with those slot wheels...

Tho on closer inspection the driver's mirror does look broken (I honestly don't remember)...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

some recovery pix

Reply #36
yea its broken
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

some recovery pix

Reply #37
As long as YOU can tell the story, is all that really matters.

your right it looks cracked at the mounting plate
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

some recovery pix

Reply #38
here's a sad day.
This car was my moms. She was going to give it to me when I got my license. It got totaled right where it sits, in front of our house one night. the driver of the other car fell asleep and hit it at about 70mph.
This was the start of the need for a cougar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

some recovery pix

Reply #39
holy shiznit
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

some recovery pix

Reply #40
Quote from: daboss351;198825
holy shiznit

x2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

some recovery pix

Reply #41
This is the only car i've ever totaled.  the only reason was i totaled it after it was paid off and its a hyundai so it wasnt worth as much as the work that it needed.  the dent on the hood on the right side was from the exhaust of a ford focus.  his ass was in the air my nose was burried in the ground when we impacted.  i got knocked senseless just by the air bags going OFF, only injury was a burn on my wrist and busted knuckles (left hand was on the wheel, just about to take it off, and the right hand was on the shifter) the bag blew my hand off the wheel and the impact sent my hand into the dash.  to make a long story shorter, he jumped in the left lane to pass a truck that was turning into a driveway on a 4 lane, and then jumped back in and slammed the brakes. no one was in the left lane infront of him, he still rearended the SUV too, it made no sense.  the airbags freaked me out, i dont ever want a car with them ever again.  btw, the first thing the first cop to arrive said to me was "where is the other vehicle" but the kid didnt get charged with leaving the scene BULL ISH.  btw nose was crunched down and the damage was worse than the pics show (windshield, airbags, whole front clip)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

some recovery pix

Reply #42
Quote from: daminc;198824
here's a sad day.
This car was my moms. She was going to give it to me when I got my license. It got totaled right where it sits, in front of our house one night. the driver of the other car fell asleep and hit it at about 70mph.
This was the start of the need for a cougar.

Looks like a bone-stock AMC Gremlin to me :hick:

While were showing off wrecks, here's what's left of my buddy's '85 T-Bird after he came over a blind crest and found a drunk driver on the wrong side of the road bearing down on him at ~55MPH. Note the undamaged hood - between this car and my Cougar we were beginning to think these hoods were indestructible:

some recovery pix

Reply #43

Beat that lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

some recovery pix

Reply #44
yeah, it's a family show.  Sorry
1987 TC