Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160556 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #930
I have an old wire feed welder but even on the lower setting and moving fast it still burns through sheet metal. :mad:
Im trying to find someone around me with a TIG welder.
88 Sport, custom white 140 mph gauge, 11 in brake upgrade, stock mustang headers, bassani x-pipe, cherry bomb vortec lers, HO conversion
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #931
Quote from: Kitz Kat;257359
I've been messin with a cheap 110v  lincoln wire  feeder,
I'm impressed what it can do.

I've got a 110v lincoln. works great with the gas mix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #932
On my lower rear passenger side 1/4 panel,it had a crease in from the wheelwell to the lower corner of the car near the bumper.I got a "new" panel,cut off the unnecessary metal,made a "skin" out of it,and used body panel adhesive to attach it to the car over the damaged area..It's solid,and is never coming off.The body lines are just right,and it didn't stick out past the bumper cover.No-one that has seen the car up close can tell I did that work,even after I tell them.GOOD stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #933
I Need A Fix!! Help me out brother.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #934
daminic.. since your going with a black paint job.. if it does, infact, come out like glass over that drivers side quarter panel.. MUCH RESPECT.  body work + black paint = TRICKY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #935
Quote from: ~AC;257691
daminic.. since your going with a black paint job.. if it does, infact, come out like glass over that drivers side quarter panel.. MUCH RESPECT.  body work + black paint = TRICKY.

I have seen the 1/4's on and felt them, and I was impressed with no distortions, I do believe he will make it look fine.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #936
Yea, the quarters came out  almost perfectly straight
here's a shot with the light on it.

and when the filling is done this will fill the imperfections when blocked flat. this stuff can add an 1/8" of fill in a couple coats if needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #937
hey hey hey

3  There will be absolutely no nudity tolerated in any image, whether it is hosted on your server or ours. Our web host has a strict no-nudes policy and we honour it. Scantily-clad women in your avatars are included in the ban if they are offensive

get some paint on that quick:D

Reply #938
i also touched the drivers side 1/4. and  i also can voutch for its straightness. and i have a 88 TC model at home that is flat black with black interior and ironicly is almost what jerry is doing to his.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #939
Here's a better view. the distortion is minimal along the weld, as you can see here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #940
Project "Evolution Rrrrrrevolution".Nice welding my friend.I have no doubt that the Cougar will be almost as cool my Sport.LOL.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #941
ah i see.. i was worried when i saw the picture where the 1/4 is down to metal completely.  you can see the weld line, but instead of distortion like i thought i saw, it looks good enough that you wont use much filler.  you defiantly have my respect!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #942
I did some blasting today, after I removed the wiring

Here's the drivers side

I guess I also need to fix this

It's not as bad as I figured. I'll be welding new metal for extra support, and smoothing everything out.

Today's big question......... Where do I disconnect the lower line for the air conditioning that goes through the firewall?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #943
Quote from: baxo;257990
It would be the same distance for eu to the peace bridge. It's 30 mind to my house from where he is.

LOL
Is the question sealed inside a mayonnaise jar?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #944
Haha freaking iPhone and its auto complete.