Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160565 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #885
 man you did a hell of a job under there!

Reply #886
Jerry the question is, did you ever think the underside of your car would look like that???
LOL.

Reply #887
Quote from: thunderjet302;256160
....  It may also depend on what brand of tail pipes you get. I used 2.5" mandral bent tail pipes from Dynomax because, well, they were the cheapest ones I could get :hick:

Oh and since you're putting a 5.0 HO in the car you did remember to get a new (at least 110 lph) fuel pump for it right?

that is correct, it has to do with brand too... I am running 2.5" Flowmaster tips with no issues.  and believe it or not....  I am using the stock  302SO fuel pump....  BUT i do recommend swapping a bigger pump... I just cant be bothered to drop the tank till I am ready to fix my tank mounts properly....:D :hick:

I am occasionally getting a lean backfire after winding out first a bit then hitting the throttle in second, so I am thinking it is getting close to time for the tank to drop...

Sorry for the Hijack Jerry, car looks great, keep it up.

Reply #888
Quote from: dominator;256672
Jerry the question is, did you ever think the underside of your car would look like that???
LOL.

I really didn't expect it to look like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #889
When I said that rear would look good under a black car I meant my car.... But it looks amazing under there. This is a thread that we are going to see on other forums eventually. After they see what you did it will spread like wildfire.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #890
Quote from: DVP;256739
When I said that rear would look good under a black car I meant my car.... But it looks amazing under there. This is a thread that we are going to see on other forums eventually. After they see what you did it will spread like wildfire.

LoL,
The places I go to, this is nothing for them...
Not so sure about the wildfire thing... but it's nice to be noticed. ;)
Thanks for the compliments.

[SIZE="5"]Eric, I sent you an important PM[/SIZE]

LOL
Today I got the wheels back on.
Does this look freakishly low to anyone?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #891
It looks freakishly good to me,but that's just me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #892
I think it looks fine.  If anything maybe a bit to high for my taste. :)
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #893
Don't forget that there's no gas tank on the car either
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #894
looking good !!!

it kinda has that Terminator look.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #895
You need to buff your Delorean. It looks dull...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #896
What springs are in the rear????

Reply #897
I sent them to jerry.They came from my Blue Thunderbird.

Jerry,if they are too low for you,let me know and I can grab a set from the yard for you.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #898
Should of got the che ajustable's could put it where you want.
Did you put the isolators in?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #899
Quote from: vinnietbird;256900
I sent them to jerry.They came from my Blue Thunderbird.

Jerry,if they are too low for you,let me know and I can grab a set from the yard for you.

We'll see what it looks like with those front lowering springs first.
It might be alright.

I was just wondering about the height. Mine sat pretty high before.

Here's a nice comparison pic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook